Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

yay! my new grill

Old 11-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
80s toysport will become famous soon enough80s toysport will become famous soon enough
Name: Nikolai (Nik)
80s toysport's Tacoma Gallery
yay! my new grill

build my first satoshi grill. its not the best and the cleanest but itll do.
just got it in

cut out center and getting ready to bondo

the grill

preped and cleaned

time for painting

almost done

adding clear coat

finally finished

might attempt another cleaner looking on in the future
Old 11-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
im not a pro or anything close to it but that looks pretty damn clean to me! now just gotta add some lights behind her...
Old 11-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
80s toysport will become famous soon enough80s toysport will become famous soon enough
yeah, thats the plan. just need to get some money together unless someone wants to give me some free lights .
Old 11-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
MyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really nice

MyYota05's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job it looks great man.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for doing it yourself and doing a damn nice job!
Old 11-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbishopp View Post
I can give you a light...Bud light. You gotta come pick it up. But hurry my GF will probably throw it away to make room for some real beer.
lol, thanks guys. im really surprised that the spray paint actually match the original paint itself.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery

Old 11-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
The grill looks great. IMO a BHLM would look awesome on your truck with the grill, and loose the bug deflector.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
The grill looks great. IMO a BHLM would look awesome on your truck with the grill, and loose the bug deflector.
I agree on the BHLM.
Next project for you, OP.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #12
im iffy bout messing wih them. im afraid ill mess them up but i really do want to do that. just afraid ill do bad damage. we'll see
Old 11-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #13
you guys think i should drop the bug guard?
Old 11-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
nice job, how long did it take you to do it and where you get the paint to match?
Old 11-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s toysport View Post
you guys think i should drop the bug guard?
No, keep it if you like it. I have one and I like the looks of it. (Although I have seen many comments here about people not liking them)
Old 11-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #16
it took me about 2 days to do but it was my first satohi grill. itll probably take me shorter if i had done it before. ran around a whole day looking for the right color paint and come to find out that autozone(or any autoparts store) carries alot of the OEM toyota colors. so if anyone wants or need anytouch pant in the small paint brush or spray can. try your local autoparts store.
here is the cani used. it even has toyota's color caode on the tag
Old 11-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #17
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Looks professional to me...damm that's nice....
Old 11-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
ive tried all autozones and oreillys for speedway blue and no luck
Old 11-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #19
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
with all do respect man,
I have to say ONLY 2 things would make that grille 100% better,
1) being dessert storm mica
2) being on my truck
But since the 2 things wont happen,
very sharp man, i really like it, well done
Old 11-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #20
dahm, that sucks. try sherwin williams auto paint. they should be able to get a hold of it but then again they couldnt even get the color i wanted. never mind them lol. you might have to try ebay or online paint store