Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Auto up/ down window questions

Old 11-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Auto up/ down window questions

So I got a python 991 alarm/remote start installed on my truck.
If I install this.....
http://www.amazon.com/Install-Essent...5175391&sr=8-1

Will it make them all auto up/down when using the switches inside the cab also?
Old 11-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
Yes!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
For that price buy it that's a good deAl. If you have a double cab you will need 2 the 530t will do 2 windows up and down or 4 windows up only.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumb View Post
For that price buy it that's a good deAl. If you have a double cab you will need 2 the 530t will do 2 windows up and down or 4 windows up only.
Yeah, I'd get 2 for sure. I want auto up AND down for all 4 windows.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Dumb question but what if you have kids or adults for that matter and they get caught in the auto up window having no ideal you closed it? My VW has auto windows up but it also has an auto stop/return if it's obstructed.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 modules installe in my truck and have the auto up / down on the remote and on the drivers controls only, that way if a passenger gets in or kids might be in the back they can not trigger the auto functions.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
Cybertronian Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0LLYW00D View Post
I have 2 modules installe in my truck and have the auto up / down on the remote and on the drivers controls only, that way if a passenger gets in or kids might be in the back they can not trigger the auto functions.
yeah, On my double cab, I'm gonna have the auto up/down functions just on the 4 switches on the drivers door.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
EAR28 has much to be proud ofEAR28 has much to be proud ofEAR28 has much to be proud ofEAR28 has much to be proud ofEAR28 has much to be proud ofEAR28 has much to be proud ofEAR28 has much to be proud ofEAR28 has much to be proud ofEAR28 has much to be proud of

EAR28's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
Dumb question but what if you have kids or adults for that matter and they get caught in the auto up window having no ideal you closed it? My VW has auto windows up but it also has an auto stop/return if it's obstructed.
yes, there is a built in resistance feature that stops the window.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
I've got two of these in my Tacoma.... they utilize a resistive load, which tells them when the motors start to apply a higher current load (amperage) and they stop at that point.... so if my daughter (or dog, usually) sticks their arm (head) out the window as it's closing, the worst that's gonna happen is it pinches for a sec.... it's not like it's gonna pressure chop their arm off...

On another note though, if someone gets their arm/head stuck in the window as it's rolling up... maybe they deserve it
Old 01-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
2011whitetaco is on a distinguished road
2011whitetaco's Tacoma Gallery
May be a stupid question but how do you install these for all 4 on drivers? Don't care about other people in the truck! HA
Old 01-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
On my truck the modules have the wires for either the drivers control and the passenger controls, it take a short signal to trigger the auto feature and a long signal to bypass the module, I have just the drivers wires connected.