1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mod Idea: Anyone Rewired your brights to a floor mounted "button"

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wyotaco06, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Nov 25, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    wyotaco06

wyotaco06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Offroad 4x4 06
    Coming home at night yesterday I was driving through and area with lots of deer, elk, moose, so i wanted my brights on as much as possible. With all the oncoming cars I was constantly reaching up with my left hand and turning the brights off and on....

Got me thinking about my old 79 F 150 that had the bright light relay mounted on the upper left corner of drivers side floorboard, in the form of a round, inch wide button, that you just pushed down on with your foot to turn the brights off and on. I think its pretty convenient, as well as safer while driving through curving, icy mountain passes.

Not the best at wiring schematics, so I wouldnt no where to begin to install something like this, figured maybe someone here has done or could do this MOD???

2. Nov 25, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solution…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    That probably wouldnt be very hard to wire. Just find the highbeam power wire, cut it, and add a button that is set to lose the connection when the button is pressed.

Products Discussed in

To Top