Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

License plate lights?!

Old 11-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Sack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Andrew
Sack17's Tacoma Gallery
License plate lights?!

For some unknown reason my license plate lights will not light up anymore. I have new bulbs and have checked all fuses in the truck and they are all fine. Does anyone have any recomendations on what to check next? Could my trailer wiring harness have anything to do with it? This is so annoying and I'm sure its something small I'm over looking. But I think that I can get a ticket if my license plate isnt lit up. Thanks guys.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
An easy solution may be an aftermarket illuminated license plate frame. I see them at pep boys, autozone and etc.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Get a test light and start checking everywhere there is supposed to be power, also make sure your grounds are good.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack17 View Post
Bahahaa I hope you are joking. I mine as well get some dragon stickers to put all over the truck and maybe some gold trinkets and crowns to set on the dash board to mexi it up a little. Haha
Asshole............If you don't like the suggestion just move on.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Get a test light and start checking everywhere there is supposed to be power, also make sure your grounds are good.
this!

and i know you donít want the fame ones. but i know they make some that just go on the top 2 screws. itís not a frame. itís just a like a bar that goes across the top. my uncle in NY has one on the front of hit truck. i donít now wear you can get them tho.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack17 View Post
Haha I was just joking with you man. Please don't take it the wrong way. I was only kidding.
Sack17 as in ballsack
Old 11-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #11
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
Asshole............If you don't like the suggestion just move on.
No need for name calling either, just saying
Old 11-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #15
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
ibtl
Old 11-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #16
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
What makes you think the trailer harness may have something to do with it? Did you recently add a harness? Or anything else electrical? I'm wondering if you a have corrosion on the bulb sockets. Take off the lic plate lamp, take out the bulb and check the lamp for corrosion.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
Sack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Andrew
Sack17's Tacoma Gallery
Okay I just check with a test light and I have no power where the bulb touches. I've checked all the fuses and they are good. I didn't see a specific fuse for the license lights. Is there one? Not sure what else to do except start checking for a bad ground. Has anyone else had an issue like this?
Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
cameron172 will become famous soon enough

Navy: Student Naval Aviator
Name: Cameron
cameron172's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpity bump bump.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #20
cameron172 will become famous soon enough

Navy: Student Naval Aviator
Name: Cameron
cameron172's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
So you've been running without a license plate light for almost a year now?
Umm...no. I've been running without a light for an hour and a half. Did a search and saw this one was never really answered.