Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Smittybilt or n-fab

Old 01-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #21
jegarner is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
jegarner's Tacoma Gallery
I always thought that you were more likely to damage your rocker panels if you wheel in rocks than get stuck and need a winch. I vote for rock rails first, body damage sucks.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #22
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skichiiwa View Post
i personally like the look of just the black bar.
I guess I agree the nfab is more functional but does not look as clean, smooth as a black step nerf bar.

is the step only used as a step? or does it have other protective qualities and uses?
Keep you from going off road!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #23
Effin A Cotton, Effin A
texastacobueno is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
texastacobueno's Tacoma Gallery
anybody running nfab steps on stock suspension?
Old 03-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #24
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
OK.. it was 50+ deg outside today so I am thinking it is a great day to give the truck a good washing just to find that my just over one yr old powder coated N-fabs are rusting like crazy. F'ing pisses me off!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #25
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for your trouble but a good heads up for those thinking of buying them. Powder coated too, I would have thought that would have made them rust proof. Wonder what's the solution. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
OK.. it was 50+ deg outside today so I am thinking it is a great day to give the truck a good washing just to find that my just over one yr old powder coated N-fabs are rusting like crazy. F'ing pisses me off!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:56 AM   #26
blkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blkbelt42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
Which would you buy? N-Fab or Smittybilt that look like nfab? both are almost identical. At 4wheelparts.com right now there is 10% site wide (probably wait it out til the 15% rolls around again) they have the smittybilt one right now for $251.99 and the N-fab one for $287.29 plus a $25 gift card. the only main difference between the two is the main tube. the smittybilt is only 2" and the nfab is 3".

This will be my christmas present to myself . so which would you choose based on brand, design, price, etc. All input is appreciated. thanks.

N-Fab $287.29 plus free $25 gift card. free ship

or

Smittybilt nfab $251.99 free ship
dam!!! i wish i could find a sale like that now for these!!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:07 AM   #27
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbelt42 View Post
dam!!! i wish i could find a sale like that now for these!!
Smitty and NFab are the same. Go with the cheapest. I bought Smitty from AutoAnything with free shipping and no sales tax. They always have a discount code going. When I got them the step said NFab. Again they are the same.

Looked up my order for you $237.99 USD.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #28
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Smitty and NFab are the same. Go with the cheapest. I bought Smitty from AutoAnything with free shipping and no sales tax. They always have a discount code going. When I got them the step said NFab. Again they are the same.

Looked up my order for you $237.99 USD.
This is what I have always heard......

http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/3.htm

read the description...and if I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that smittybilt was the official builder for NFAB stuff, they just stamp a name on it for more money... kinda like a toyota lexus deal.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 AM   #29
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolepride991 View Post
This is what I have always heard......

http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/3.htm

read the description...and if I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that smittybilt was the official builder for NFAB stuff, they just stamp a name on it for more money... kinda like a toyota lexus deal.
It doesn't matter what you order it will say NFab on the step. Buy Smitty and tell your friends you are a big spender and bought NFab. Dress to impress.