LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Smittybilt or n-fab

Old 11-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Smittybilt or n-fab

Which would you buy? N-Fab or Smittybilt that look like nfab? both are almost identical. At 4wheelparts.com right now there is 10% site wide (probably wait it out til the 15% rolls around again) they have the smittybilt one right now for $251.99 and the N-fab one for $287.29 plus a $25 gift card. the only main difference between the two is the main tube. the smittybilt is only 2" and the nfab is 3".

This will be my christmas present to myself . so which would you choose based on brand, design, price, etc. All input is appreciated. thanks.

N-Fab $287.29 plus free $25 gift card. free ship

or

Smittybilt nfab $251.99 free ship
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
N Fab hands down.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
yeh i was leaning towards N-fabs due to their rep. i know smittybilt is a quality brand but i guess why buy an imitation of n-fabs when i can have the real thing for a bit more. and i guess since it does have a free $25 i can use on something else, my cost on the nfabs would only be $262.29 which would then only be a $10 more diff than the smittybilt.

oh yeh and with the 3in vs 2in main tube, is there a huge difference in look and function?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
I definately love my N-Fab's. But I'm sure either one will suit your needs just fine.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

N-Fab light bar
Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I like the 3" tube better than the 2" (if it helps at all) -- fills the bottom better
Old 11-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #7
soulreaper is on a distinguished road
soulreaper's Tacoma Gallery
i'm lookin at 4wheel parts and it says the nfab bars dont fit
Old 11-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
N-Fab....post a pic when you're done. I wanna see too.
Good Christmas Present choice for yourself!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
MasterChief
MannyECG is on a distinguished road

MannyECG's Tacoma Gallery
I got the N-Fabs for you DC. Very pleased with them, no problems at all.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #10
i guess i should have said it different 4wheel part web site says they don't fit for the 05-08 tacoma or pre-runner i checked on the website and it kept coming up as they do not fit
Old 11-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
i guess i should have said it different 4wheel part web site says they don't fit for the 05-08 tacoma or pre-runner i checked on the website and it kept coming up as they do not fit
Just call N-Fab direct. Missy is real helpful.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
i'll give her a call tomorrow and see what she can do my dad wants a set for his truck i want some too but being laid off from my job i don't have the funds to get mine right now
Old 11-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #13

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like N-fab it is. as far as the price....is that a decent price for them? i've checked other places and seen them like almost $400 for them.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #14
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
N-fab
Old 11-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #15
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
definately N-Fab
Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #16
well i called 4wheelparts and they have the nfab light bar, and steps i got a price on a package deal for 2 sets of steps , 1-light bar, and 4 8" procomp lights tax and shipping for 1050.00 flat i am still waiting for a call back from missy at n-fab to see what price they will give me for the light bar and the steps
Old 11-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #17
well i called and she was out to lunch so its been an hour now i will call her in about 15min's and see about the price on th light bar and the steps
Old 11-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #18
called about the bars and they said i will get a better price going thru 4wheel parts
Old 01-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
skichiiwa is on a distinguished road
skichiiwa's Tacoma Gallery
smittybilt

i personally like the look of just the black bar.
I guess I agree the nfab is more functional but does not look as clean, smooth as a black step nerf bar.

is the step only used as a step? or does it have other protective qualities and uses?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #20
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I liked these a lot when I first bought my truck. Unfortunately I read too much on this and other boards and ended up spending way too much on enhancing clearance. These bars can save you a lot of money!!!