Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

PICS OF 2ND GEN LIFT. BEFORE AND AFTER LIFT

Old 11-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
PICS OF 2ND GEN LIFT. BEFORE AND AFTER LIFT

POST YOU BEFORE AND AFTER PICS OF YOU 2ND GEN LIFT

BEFORE

AFTER BILSTEIN 5100 ALL 4 CORNERS, FRONT SET TO 1.75, GETTING NEW COILS...EITHER EIBACH OR OME 884
Old 11-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I dont know if there is any other threads like this but I would like to get this one started if anyone is willing to join
Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
JRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Josh
JRader1790's Tacoma Gallery
BEFORE:

AFTER: (still stock tires, front will come back down some)

Old 11-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Shep6924 is on a distinguished road

Shep6924's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRader1790 View Post
BEFORE:

AFTER: (still stock tires, front will come back down some)

Looking good! I have a 11 sport and was wondering what it would look like if I threw on a lift before tires. I was just going to wait till I needed tires, trying to sell used tires is a pain. Did you enable your new stereo to work with the steering controls?
Old 11-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Is it time to do this again for the 24387553rd time?
Old 11-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I guess, My bad for making another thread
Old 11-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Been searching for similar thread, found none so I would keep them coming. I like so far.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Before

After

Old 11-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
JRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Josh
JRader1790's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep6924 View Post
Looking good! I have a 11 sport and was wondering what it would look like if I threw on a lift before tires. I was just going to wait till I needed tires, trying to sell used tires is a pain. Did you enable your new stereo to work with the steering controls?
I have the PAC interface to make it work, but I have yet to install it.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #13
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
What lift is that^^
Old 11-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
Tippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh Tippett
Tippett's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
What lift is that^^
6" Pro Comp
Old 11-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #15

Thumbs up

Hey Tippett, that's a great setup. I took a look at your build...I just decided to go with the 6". I grew up in Columbia, what part of MD do you reside?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #16
Tippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh Tippett
Tippett's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep6924 View Post
Hey Tippett, that's a great setup. I took a look at your build...I just decided to go with the 6". I grew up in Columbia, what part of MD do you reside?
Thanks man! Yea, I definitely went back and forth on the 3" vs 6", but definitely have zero regrets on getting the 6". A 3" lift just seems like a lot of money for a little bit of lift, in my opinion.

I grew up in Carroll County, but now live in Frederick County. Both close to Columbia.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #17

So how has it impacted your fuel economy if at all?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #20
Smirky is on a distinguished road

Smirky's Tacoma Gallery
I see a lot of people swapping the tires when they lift but what sizes are you finding work the best for you guys? Trucks look great by the way. I'm lifting my 07 dbl cab sport this weekend with the Toytec 3" lift and adding 1.25" Sydertrax wheel spacers so I can clear the UCA's w/o swapping out the stock 17" wheels just yet. Can anyone confirm that the BFG AT's 275/70/17 will fit ok? They are special order, not sure why but the 285's are too wide and don't want to settle for the 265 width, what do you think??