Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Biggest BFG All Terrain Tires on a stock 2012 Tacoma?

Old 11-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
Biggest BFG All Terrain Tires on a stock 2012 Tacoma?

I'm wondering what the biggest BFG A/T tires I can fit on my brand new 2012 Tacoma without cutting, lifting etc with no rubbing.

I pick the truck up on Tuesday next week and it is a 2012 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 6MT 4x4 in Black!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
As in widest? Tallest?

IIRC 285's will rub.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
265/75r16
Sport is 17"
Old 11-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
with no modifications whatsoever ^^^^^
Except changing to a 16" wheel for your suggestion
Old 11-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Eh, don't the 12 sports have 18" wheels?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
And they changed the fender plastic a little, so the OP is kinda charting new ground.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
  • JBL HD Radio with XM and the new Toyota Entune system
  • 18″ Chrome-clad alloy rims and seriously bitchin’ hood scoop
  • Color-keyed bumpers, grill, side mirrors, and door handles
  • Bilstein shocks and sport-tuned suspension
  • Overhead console, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, and various “sport” insignia on the seats and trim
  • Auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass, temp gauge, and backup camera
  • Rear window slider and 400W bed-mounted inverter

we're both wrong oz
Old 11-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
They actually have the same wheels as previous Sport models standard. The 18's are optional.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
  • JBL HD Radio with XM and the new Toyota Entune system
  • 18″ Chrome-clad alloy rims and seriously bitchin’ hood SKEWP
  • Color-keyed bumpers, grill, side mirrors, and door handles
  • Bilstein shocks and sport-tuned suspension
  • Overhead console, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, and various “sport” insignia on the seats and trim
  • Auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass, temp gauge, and backup camera
  • Rear window slider and 400W bed-mounted inverter

we're both wrong oz
Old 11-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
No big deal. Just make sure you're shopping at a tire store that will exchange them for another size if they rub.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Eh, don't the 12 sports have 18" wheels?
I thought only the upgrade package got 18"
Old 11-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #14
Buff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 64C10
Name: Buff
Buff's Tacoma Gallery
My 2012 TRD sport came with 17" wheels with 265/70/17 Dunlops.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
My 2012 TRD sport came with 17" wheels with 265/70/17 Dunlops.
That's what I thought , only the Sport " Upgrade " package has the 18's
Old 11-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #17
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
So 285/70/17????
Old 11-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
So 285/70/17????
265/70/17
Old 11-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
265/70/17
Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #20
bito is on a distinguished road
bito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
The TW tire size calculator is handy for comparisons; I've been using it a lot lately. You can find it here: tire size calculator

Personally, a 285/70/17 would look a bit odd to me stuffed into the wheel well of a stock truck. I think the 265/70/17 looks a lot better. And it's only an inch difference in height and width.

You can go a relatively inexpensive 3" lift for the equivalent of a loan payment or two and then run the 33's as well. The lift and that tire size together really makes the truck stand out.