Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TJM Bumper

Old 11-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
Bamahoyt is on a distinguished road

Name: Ted
Bamahoyt's Tacoma Gallery
TJM Bumper

Found a TJM bumper for around $200 bucks and am going to pick it up tomorrow for my 05 4x4 LB. Does any one have a TJM bumper on their 2nd gen and does anyone have any input about them? Thanks for the help. How easy are they to mount?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to double check that it will fit your truck. I don't think I have ever seen a TJM made for the second gen tacomas.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
They withdrew from the U.S. market years ago and to my knowledge never produced a bumper for the 2005+ Tacoma's.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
AFAIK TJM for the longest time didn't import to the US so it might not fit. You might be able to call TJM and see if they have a US distributor.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #5

The guy guaranteed that it will fit my 2005 but I will call TJM to verify.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamahoyt View Post
The guy guaranteed that it will fit my 2005 but I will call TJM to verify.
I can guarantee you that a honda civic bumper will fit a toyota truck, doesn't mean it will really fit..

I'd listen to the guys on here and double check first.. A lot of people on here really know their stuff about the Tacoma's.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I can guarantee you that a honda civic bumper will fit a toyota truck, doesn't mean it will really fit..

I'd listen to the guys on here and double check first.. A lot of people on here really know their stuff about the Tacoma's.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #8

I totally understand that but as he will be taking it off of his own 2006 tacoma I will have him send pictures to be certain it is even the same bumper. Thanks for the sarcasm though it is much appreciated. I will let you guys know how everything turns out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post

Old 11-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamahoyt View Post
I totally understand that but as he will be taking it off of his own 2006 tacoma I will have him send pictures to be certain it is even the same bumper. Thanks for the sarcasm though it is much appreciated. I will let you guys know how everything turns out.
Interesting. I'm very interested in seeing this.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #11
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
TJM is good stuff. The taco bumper will fit and looks nice. I seen the second gen bumper from them in person at SEMA last month. Good products and real nice people. They are big for the Aussies but just getting back here. Sierra Expeditions sells their stuff if you have questions

should be something around like this
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...46457577_n.jpg
Old 11-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
Hiluxen is on a distinguished road
Hiluxen's Tacoma Gallery
No such TJM direct fit new style bumper exist in North America other then the prototype on the TJM USA Tacoma that was in the TJM booth at SEMA.

If anyone would like to contact TJM for clarification please feel free to email Info@tjmusa.com or call 951-934-7150

If anyone would like some detailed pictures and pricing, including our new 2nd Gen Taco direct fit snorkel, hit the email above!

Thanks again for everyones support throughout the years!

Chris
Old 11-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #14
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiluxen View Post
No such TJM direct fit new style bumper exist in North America other then the prototype on the TJM USA Tacoma that was in the TJM booth at SEMA.

If anyone would like to contact TJM for clarification please feel free to email Info@tjmusa.com or call 951-934-7150

If anyone would like some detailed pictures and pricing, including our new 2nd Gen Taco direct fit snorkel, hit the email above!

Thanks again for everyones support throughout the years!

Chris

Well that ends our discussion, thanks for clarifying things!!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #15

I spoke with Mike Crosby who is the Sales Director for TJM North America and he said there were several prototype Tacoma bumpers made in 2005 for the 2005+ models and there may be several floating around. I look at the bumper today in person and it matched the prototype description but I would have needed to ordered or have custom mounting hardware from TJM since it was lost at some point. thanks for your help everyone.