Sliders 71 72.45%
Avid 13 13.27%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
chaos316 is on a distinguished road
Name: JJ
chaos316's Tacoma Gallery
steps or sliders?

Im getting either steps or sliders for christmas. I do not do much offloading if none. but do sliders also work good as steps? i really don't know, because i have never seen sliders in person up close. and if you guys have any suggestions on what brands on steps or sliders please share. i know the steps i want are either 3" n fabs or the avids.

Heres a pic of my truck to help:
Old 11-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sliders work great as steps. If you don't offroading then just get steps.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
well i would but i think i heard that sliders also help in parking lots with door dings and shopping carts
Old 11-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
That depends on how far they stick out.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
I would get steps if you don't wheel.

I have sliders, and while they do help getting in - they're not NEARLY as nice as a pair of step sides. I'd rather have the rocker panel protection - but if you don't wheel, step sides all the way.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
well is there any specific sliders that stick out far enough to work good as steps? or any specific steps that stick out far enough to work good when in parking lots?
Old 11-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders are good hi lift points and will help with door dings when mall crawling.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
Sliders are good hi lift points and will help with door dings when mall crawling.
well if you live in a town like i do, theres not many good places to go off-roading
Old 11-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with sliders. Dual purpose. if you go offroad they are protection, but they also protect from door dings.

I went with sliders and plan to use them as a step if necessary
Old 11-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #10
do you guys have any suggestions as to what brand and type of sliders?
Old 11-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Elite Offroad Hybrid Sliders

Can't beat the price or the quality
Old 11-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Phones Ringin Dude
SplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to behold

Name: Haywood Jablowme
SplitDecision's Tacoma Gallery
OP, keep in mind sliders need to either be welded to the frame or holes drilled into the frame to mount them. Steps bolt on in minutes.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also looking to get a set of sliders, what is a great strong and sturdy bolt on ones? Not going to be doing an extensive amount of wheeling, but would like the protection just in case.. Thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
whoa you have to drill holes to bolt them on? now I'm really leaning towards the n-fab 3" cab to cab ones. what do you guys think
Old 11-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't sliders that attach to the frame more sturdy? Could you lift the truck up by ones that connect to the cab?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #18
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
Aren't sliders that attach to the frame more sturdy? Could you lift the truck up by ones that connect to the cab?
If you want protection and something to jack on, get weld on or bolt on sliders. There are plenty of vendors on here, just pick your style or price range.

If you want something that looks like a slider but don't want to weld or bolt to the frame, get the avid bolt on sliders. They are like a running board, don't expect them to do anything but act as a step and prevent parking lot damage.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SalemCBR's Tacoma Gallery
SLIDERS!

I feel like putting steps on there 1st off, lets everyone know you don't take your truck off road. Number 2.) Say maybe someday you get a while hair and want to go offroad.... Now you're limited on clearance. I say put wide sliders on so they work well as a step.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
Scubasteve4533 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Scubasteve4533's Tacoma Gallery
depending on how the slider sits, they can kind of be a pain in the ass getting in and out of the truck. I stained a set of dress paints b/c I stepped to the ground and my leg rubbed against my sliders...

If its strictly a street truck i'd get the avid steps