Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

best grill guard?

Old 11-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
best grill guard?

im in the market for a new grill guard perferably black, what brand would yall say is the best
Old 11-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #2
nitrus5 is on a distinguished road
nitrus5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
im in the market for a new grill guard perferably black, what brand would yall say is the best
i am also wanting to know the answer to this question
Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
I'm partial to Grillcraft. I have the upper and lower grill with lights mounted behind the upper grill:

that looks pretty awesome. Are the lights pretty bright?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Westin like Jason's, sans the lights. I think it looks good and seems to be fairly stout. I've seen a lot of older grill-guards on trucks, and also had one on an old '89 Toyota truck that I owned long ago, that were either chrome or black and would develop a lot of rust in short order. I'm hoping these newer ones do not. I got mine at the same time as I got the truck, in March '08, so haven't had it very long yet. Mine stays outside, not in a garage, and I'm not super good about washing it real often, so we'll see how it fares through a Montana winter.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I have a Westin like Jason's, sans the lights. I think it looks good and seems to be fairly stout. I've seen a lot of older grill-guards on trucks, and also had one on an old '89 Toyota truck that I owned long ago, that were either chrome or black and would develop a lot of rust in short order. I'm hoping these newer ones do not. I got mine at the same time as I got the truck, in March '08, so haven't had it very long yet. Mine stays outside, not in a garage, and I'm not super good about washing it real often, so we'll see how it fares through a Montana winter.
How does yours handle on the road? Mine seems to shake from side to side quite a bit while driving...
Old 11-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
How does yours handle on the road? Mine seems to shake from side to side quite a bit while driving...
Do you mean the guard or the whole truck? I assume the guard.....no, mine does not shake and seems to be rock-solid. I notice some rippling or bouncing of the hood itself at higher speeds, but don't think that has anything to do with the guard.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #12
nitrus5 is on a distinguished road
nitrus5's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone out there have a Go Rhino Grille Guard?? I am looking at getting one. But i would like to se how well they fit so any pictures would be great.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
lazer
criffsk8 is on a distinguished road
Name: chris
criffsk8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
I have a Westin Sportsman (model 40-1605).

Just ordered some myself and was wondering how hard to put on?