Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best use for 400w outlet in the bed?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #21
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had one.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #22
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
I wish I had one.

eh, they aren't useful for much. Such a low power rating. You'd be better off putting a larger aftermarket one in.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #23
GratefulPred is on a distinguished road

GratefulPred's Tacoma Gallery
Okay is the blurry look in the picture to mimic the effect of said beverage?
Old 01-05-2008, 05:43 AM   #24
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
eh, they aren't useful for much. Such a low power rating. You'd be better off putting a larger aftermarket one in.
Do you have an after market one ?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #25
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulPred View Post
Okay is the blurry look in the picture to mimic the effect of said beverage?
huh?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #26
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Do you have an after market one ?
No. Which is why I rarely use it... I'd love to have a 750-1000W one at some point. Maybe use that one to power the bed outlet and 1 in the cab, and make the OEM one just do one in the bed. For charging my cell or something. I'd love to run my 15gal air compressor from the bed!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:12 PM   #27
Dain is on a distinguished road

Dain's Tacoma Gallery
I drove around the whole month of December with variations of this:

Didn't catch hell from anyone [police] - mostly just lots of cheers.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #28
Devout Atheist

^lol I'm surprised some cop didn't pull you over for "unauthorized" lights just to be an ass...

I saw pics of a guy with one of those white animated deer in his bed! made it look like it was jumping out the tailgate.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:43 AM   #29

Good for you ! we need more of that in the world,
Old 01-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #30
Dain is on a distinguished road

Dain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
^lol I'm surprised some cop didn't pull you over for "unauthorized" lights just to be an ass...
..I had a couple retorts lined up in case :
"Oh wow your lights are brighter than mine!" and
"Cool! You have lights TOO!"

Probably would have spent Christmas in lockup.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #31
TacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud of

TacoSter's Tacoma Gallery
http://bugclub.org/beginners/math/WattsVoltsAmps.html

If I did the math right, the outlets only good for 3.48 amps...
I think its a great idea, but to bad they could not step it up to say 15/20 amps to ..... run a good part of the house during power outages, someone mentioned air compressors for airing up on the trails
Old 01-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #32
420Tacoma will become famous soon enough

420Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I will be using it to watch the earlier football games when we're tailgaiting for the Charger games...

Looks like I'll have to wait for next season as I couldnt get a hold of any Chargers playoff tickets..
Old 01-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #33
l.a.fire is on a distinguished road
l.a.fire's Tacoma Gallery
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #34
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Best feature huh?

Its been the best conversation item in that you can't do jack with it!.......What a waste!