Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best use for 400w outlet in the bed?

Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
AWDios is on a distinguished road
AWDios's Tacoma Gallery
Best use for 400w outlet in the bed?

Camping Margaritas!!!

Also on that same trip plugged in a sawzall to cut off my buddy's exhaust when he crushed it.

In the past have used it to run my laptop and charge my camera battery
Old 06-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDios View Post
Camping Margaritas!!!

Also on that same trip plugged in a sawzall to cut off my buddy's exhaust when he crushed it.

In the past have used it to run my laptop and charge my camera battery
right on man!! damn,i need to go camping again!!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb

Damn, I love these trucks.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Alcoholic
Old 06-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance
07TRDsport is on a distinguished road

07TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
hmm.. i tried a sawzall but it turned off on me cus i guess it was asking for too much? dunno..
Old 06-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i plugged in a hair dryer to debadge my truck...lol
Old 06-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #7
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I used my dremmel without any problems.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
A2Mich is on a distinguished road

A2Mich's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm.....

Never thought to use the outlet for a Margarita blender......awesome idea. But I have used it for an electric cooler to keep pop and beer cold!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #9
dack9877 is on a distinguished road
dack9877's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet

Makes me proud to be a Tacoma owner
Old 07-15-2007, 10:37 AM   #10
nceguystaco is on a distinguished road

nceguystaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to nceguystaco Send a message via AIM to nceguystaco
now that is a great use that just made me very thirsty i have used in on the jobsite to recharge phone while going over blue prints
Old 01-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Used mine to run 2 CF work lights while working on our house. Had to put about $2,000 into plumbing repairs before we could close on the house. We wanted to get it done ASAP to close and didn't have the electric on yet. 50ft cord to the basement, and 2 lights. Next weekend we bored my grandfather's generator. I also used those lights to load the truck up after turning the electric off at the breaker before we owned the house since there were some lights we couldn't turn off. (wiring in this house is f'd up)

I heard about 1 guy using a hedge trimmer to keep branches from scraping the sides of his truck on tight trails!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #12
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Our power went out a few weeks back when it was really cold so I wired a plug to my gas furnace and plugged it into my truck. IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!

Shhhhh!! don't tell the building dept.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #13
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Well not to mention all these prior uses are great, but when your kid runs out of Gameboy's battery power it is PRICELESS to be able to charge it in middle of the brush country where there is no power at all and nor power conversion device nearby (Hunting/Fishing).
Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #14
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
I use mine for a work light for the back of my property, for prepping the sled and trailer for snowmobiling, charging batteries, and I've used it when the power is out to power the stereo and light over the pool table at my buddy's garage.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #16
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
^I see you made it over!
yep, thanks for the link PT.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #17
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncleaner View Post
yep, thanks for the link PT.
NP! Now you just need to join the war against texas.... and canada.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #18
dudewheresmytaco is on a distinguished road

dudewheresmytaco's Tacoma Gallery
shopvac helps me keep the interior nice and clean

edit: damn so all those yanks that keep movin here are your spys
Old 01-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #19
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewheresmytaco View Post
damn so all those yanks that keep movin here are your spys

I have no idea what you're talking about......
Old 01-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #20
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't agree more!!! Margaritas and daiquiri's!!

I hooked up a 4-cup Mr. Coffee so I could brew hot water and make hot chocolate while we were watching RC Roc comps at Rausch Creek back in oct. It was frigin cold !!

I tried the regular plug-in kettle to heat water but apparently it was drawing too much juice and the outlet kept shutting off. I had to downsize and use the little 4-cup coffee maker instead. Took a little longer but was all worth it!