LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 doors dont auto lock?

Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
2012 doors dont auto lock?

i tried to search and didnt find anything on this... how come the doors dont automatically lock when i put it in drive or hit a certain speed? my 1998 T100 Manual transmission will auto lock the doors at about 20mph. Is it just mine or are all tacomas like this? and is there a way to make them auto lock?? Thanks!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
none do.
i hate it with a passion too.

edit: if im not mistaken, i think there was a mod to fix it though, i'll try to find it.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not possible with the stock keyless entry.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
I had a python 991 installed on my 05 and they programmed it to do this. I hated that it didn't.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Mine don't but I have manual locks!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
=toytruck= is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
=toytruck='s Tacoma Gallery
I just got my truck today! I would like it to as well.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Why's that an important feature? Don't think I've ever had a car with it or even considered it.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
sdtag is on a distinguished road

sdtag's Tacoma Gallery
I thinks that's a feature of a car alarm. Mine lock when the car is on and I step on the brake the first time.
...among other things.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #9
qwertypepper will become famous soon enoughqwertypepper will become famous soon enough
Name: cam
qwertypepper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
Why's that an important feature? Don't think I've ever had a car with it or even considered it.
my belief is that the vehicles structural integrity is better in a collision. if the doors aren't locked they could fly open and the vehicle can crumple more.
growing up my dad would make us lock the doors on the highway, we didn't have power locks.

or maybe car jacking protection
Old 11-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I drive with the doors locked. Everyone has their opinion, but I believe I am in much more danger of being assaulted while stopped in traffic and not paying attention, than I am of being trapped in the car after an accident. It's a layer of security. Carrying a gun, knife, pepper spray, cranky mother-in-law for protection is a good idea too, but locking the doors solves quite a few problems before they happen. Just like locking your house doors.

I don't think it matters whether the doors are locked as far as the doors flying open in a crash. The latches are in the same position, just the handles disabled.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I believe my father had an issue with someone trying to come up and open the door for who knows what reason when I was a baby. The door was unlocked but my dad was ready with his 45. Since he told me that I have locked the doors myself.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i like it to prevent people from just getting in my truck. i just cant believe my old T100 does it and taco's dont