Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Traction control etc vs none

Old 12-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Toyotaholic
Crusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Crusher's Tacoma Gallery
Traction control etc vs none

My 06 DCLB sport has none of these. Just a good old fashioned lsd, which is surprisingly tight for a factory unit with 55K plus miles (my truck was imported from the U.S.).
My wife's 09 AC TRD has vsc, dont think it has atrac, i dont drive it often.
What i did notice with her truck is that when we were on a logging road in the Okanagan, i couldnt get the tires to spin for very long.
I'm a little old school and maybe a little immature for my age but i really like chuckin my truck sideways and laying patches with it. seems you cant have any of this fun with all the atrac/vsc crap.
but like i said, i'm old school, i only accepted fuel injection when i had my diesel 60 series LC and discovered no burping on extreme slopes.
Opinions?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Tookie is on a distinguished road

Tookie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
My wife's 09 AC TRD has vsc, dont think it has atrac, i dont drive it often.
What i did notice with her truck is that when we were on a logging road in the Okanagan, i couldnt get the tires to spin for very long.
On the left side of the dash, there's a switch to turn off
the VSC - push it and VSC is off, hold it down for a few
seconds and all traction control is off
Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookie View Post
On the left side of the dash, there's a switch to turn off
the VSC - push it and VSC is off, hold it down for a few
seconds and all traction control is off
You have to hold the button in for 3-5 seconds to turn off VSC ( although it is not really off , only far less sensitive )
Old 12-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
All 09 and up trucks have TRAC, VSC and ALSD. Honestly no you cannot peel out and slide the truck around like you could with a truck not equipped with systems. If you hit the button ALSD comes on and that will help both tires spin. You still can't get too sideways though. Pushing and holding the button as described above will turn off TRAC but you are left with an open diff. That open diff will spin one tire more often than both. You can slide it at speed but VSC still lurks in the background and it will activate when you get too crazy.

Basically the non electrogizmo trucks are more fun.