Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Measure Front Axle Angle

Old 12-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
xbarjoe is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
xbarjoe's Tacoma Gallery
Measure Front Axle Angle

I measured the front axle angle on my truck last night. I used the "Level" app on my iPhone and place the phone on the axle (between the CV boots). I got about 8.5 degrees (off of level). I do have a 3" lift though.

What does everyone else get? I would like to see more data on this angle. Stock, other lifts, at full suspension droop, etc.

The info would be useful for diff drop discussions, CV longevity, etc.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
xbarjoe is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
xbarjoe's Tacoma Gallery
FJ angle

I measured the axle angle on my my friends FJ this morning. He has a 3" lift on it. They measured about 4.5 degrees at ride height and 12 degrees at full droop. So his shafts are at less of an angle at normal ride height than my Taco!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbarjoe View Post
I measured the front axle angle on my truck last night. I used the "Level" app on my iPhone and place the phone on the axle (between the CV boots). I got about 8.5 degrees (off of level). I do have a 3" lift though.

What does everyone else get? I would like to see more data on this angle. Stock, other lifts, at full suspension droop, etc.

The info would be useful for diff drop discussions, CV longevity, etc.

Thanks!
If the truck was on any type of incline you will get a false reading , or are you comparing two angles to get your result ?