Notices

Hello - Questions regarding lifts/wheels/tires/etc already

Old 12-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
Geebz is on a distinguished road
Geebz's Tacoma Gallery
Hello - Questions regarding lifts/wheels/tires/etc already

Hello
Just picked up a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport DC from SK, Canada

I have always been interested in lifting my trucks ive had in the past and i think this time im actually going to do it.

Just from roaming around through the threads here's what ive learned so far:
Im probably going to go with the 3" Toytec ultimate with toytec AAL's (2") in the rear (comes with the diff drop and everything for straightening out the CVs). I was interested in RCD 4/5", but not interested in cutting the crossmember - at least not for my first lift attempt!

With that being said its a 3" lift, so on top of that i would be looking to get some new rubber and wheels(rims) and some TC UCA's for alignment issues (feel free to correct me if im wrong with anything!)

I currently have stock 17" rims with 265/70/17 kumhos all seasons (or something)

This brings me to my first question:
Is it possible to still run the stock rims and tires with the 3" toytec lift?
The reason - i might not have the cash to spend on the rims and tires right away

NEXT

I have been looking @ ballistic Jesters for rims (17x9) 6-5.5
They have a 5.47" backspacing and -12mm offset

from what ive seen, your backspacing needs to be around 4.5" - is this to clear the brakes and calipers or what? or is it a rubbing issues? or UCA rubbing issues? which leads me to my next question:
If i get some spidertraxx 1.25" spacers will this essentially decrease my backspacing i.e. 5.47-1.25 = 4.22" (mind you pushing the tires out further past the wheel wells by 1.25")

Tires i would probably go to 285/70/17's GY Duratracs
Now i know for sure this will cause rubbing issues, but im not sure how much with what the spacers will do if i need em and the rims
I know some guys on here said that they are getting away with 275/70/17's without rubbing problems so maybe thats what i have to go with instead, although im not afraid of trimming plastic (cab mount chop is a different story all together though)

KPT you seem to be the most educated when it comes to this stuff maybe a little blurb from you would help me out lol
Old 12-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
A Member
AirborneTaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Airborne Engineer
AirborneTaco's Tacoma Gallery
First, welcome. Second, yes you can run your stock wheels and tires with the toytec lift. I have a toytec 3" w/ UCAs and am running the stock sport rims. before i got new rubber, i had the stock dunlops on there for a day. i can say it leaves quite a void between the fender and the tire. I ended up going the 275/70 route. I like it. unfortunately i don't know much about backspacing and all that stuff so i won't attempt your second question. here's a pic for visual reference. good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello - Questions regarding lifts/wheels/tires/etc already-dsc02273.jpg  
Old 12-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Nevada!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Geebz is on a distinguished road
Geebz's Tacoma Gallery
I may have answered my question about the spacers, Here:

http://www.yotatech.com/f177/wheel-s...pacing-187664/

Can anyone out there confirm??
Old 12-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneTaco View Post
First, welcome. Second, yes you can run your stock wheels and tires with the toytec lift. I have a toytec 3" w/ UCAs and am running the stock sport rims. before i got new rubber, i had the stock dunlops on there for a day. i can say it leaves quite a void between the fender and the tire. I ended up going the 275/70 route. I like it. unfortunately i don't know much about backspacing and all that stuff so i won't attempt your second question. here's a pic for visual reference. good luck.
What tires are those ?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
My '11 Taco with a full 3" OME lift (885s & Dakars) with stock tires & wheels.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. I came here expecting what do I do with this and will that fit and etc but sounds like you made your choice already.