Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP CV AXLE

Old 12-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
TACOMA 2011
2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about
Name: aaron
2011TACOMAWHR's Tacoma Gallery
HELP CV AXLE

where is the best place to get a factory cv axle im tired of these autoparts store crap that break and stealership is way to steap is there anyone else that sells them on the side or even a stronger cv
Old 12-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
TACOMA 2011
2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about
Name: aaron
2011TACOMAWHR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
idk i have a prerunner but rockauto is where i go for oem parts
may wanna try lt parts companies, i know they make exended cvs they may make reinforced stock length ones too
thanks ill give both a shot appreciate it
Old 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
pick n pull type places online for some used OEM axles

maybe try online toyota dealers like toyota of dallas
Old 12-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
online part store of toyota parts. why does your 2011 need new cv's already? should be covered under warranty unless its operator error.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
autozone has lifetime warranty
Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
online part store of toyota parts. why does your 2011 need new cv's already? should be covered under warranty unless its operator error.
Wheeling breaks things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
autozone has lifetime warranty
Parts-store made-in-China shit will not hold up to offroad use.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

Been looking at advanced auto and rockauto to order a new one for my pass side
Old 12-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
rcv makes a set of "unbreakable" axles for the tacoma.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
https://www.rcvperformance.com/store...c37adcd9a7c981

Old 12-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
those arent them, they are about 1500 but they arent listed on their website right now. but this was from a previous member something to keep in mind. Oh and they can be broken still.

Quote:
A good point was brought up to me after I locked my front end and was looking for a stronger front axle.

Right now my weak point is my front CV axles ($70 part). If I upgrade to bullet proof axles then my weak point will now be my front ring gear ($800 part) plus you can't change a ring gear on the trail, you can change a CV in about an hour.

You can buy a lot of spares for the price of those bullet proof axles. Just something to think about.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Would rather just do a SAS instead of drop that kind of coin on CVs.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
The Welfare Cadilac

SAS costs alot more than that
Old 12-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #14
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TACOMAWHR View Post
where is the best place to get a factory cv axle im tired of these autoparts store crap that break and stealership is way to steap is there anyone else that sells them on the side or even a stronger cv
stop buying the CV's from Napa, VatoZone, etc etc . they are crap!!. the reason why they are always breaking on you is because they have less movement or less range of movement compared to the stock Toyota CV. so what that means is they are binding a lot sooner when compared to the stock version. and that is why they are breaking.

i know there is a huge price difference between OEM CV's and autopart CV's. but you're gonna have to pony up. only other workable alternative has been mentioned and that would be going with RCV but those will cost you a hundred million dollars compared to OEM. but the nice thing about the RCV's is that should be the last set you'll ever buy
Old 12-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #15
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
SAS costs alot more than that
Trust me. I know.

I've been through the whole process of doing one.

I just can't justify that on IFS. Hell, i don't like my IFS. But no way in hell am I gonna drop anywhere near that kinda coin on a 13 year old truck, unless it's a pure trail rig.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #16
The Welfare Cadilac

I would just stick with OEM cv's
Old 12-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
I would just stick with OEM cv's
I might go with OEM...

My post was in reference to the RCV ones
Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #18
The Welfare Cadilac

I know, theres no way in hell I would spend that kinda money on a cv so it would be "unbreakable"
Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Wheeling breaks things.

Parts-store made-in-China shit will not hold up to offroad use.
Exactly why you use your lifetime warranty.

And I would rather a shaft go than my diff or t case.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #20
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Overpriced and under-tough. I know of at least one person that broke one and went back to OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
i know there is a huge price difference between OEM CV's and autopart CV's. but you're gonna have to pony up. only other workable alternative has been mentioned and that would be going with RCV but those will cost you a hundred million dollars compared to OEM. but the nice thing about the RCV's is that should be the last set you'll ever buy
Theoretically. I'd stay with OEM myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Exactly why you use your lifetime warranty.
Doesn't do you one bit of good on the trail, and ruins your day making you get down in the muck to swap a CV axle.

Lemme clarify: You could easily break 4 CVs in a single day of wheeling the way these pieces of shit give up the ghost.

Quote:
And I would rather a shaft go than my diff or t case.
It will, well before the diff or t-case. Especially the t-case. The transfer cases on these Tacomas are essentially the strongest Toyota has ever made.