1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hub centric??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MJG, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Dec 4, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    MJG

MJG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Bay
    Kenwood Nav system, Sub, etc
    So do the stock rims on the Tacoma need an adapter to correctly balance the tires.. Anyone know for a fact. I don't think my dealership has this "adapter"

2. Dec 5, 2011 at 3:57 AM
    MJG

MJG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Bay
    Kenwood Nav system, Sub, etc
    Anyone ?

3. Dec 5, 2011 at 3:58 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There is an adapter that uses the lugs to secure the rim to the machine vice the cone shaped adapter....It is the "right" way to do it IIRC.

4. Dec 6, 2011 at 4:29 PM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    It is called a Haweka adapter. I found a Goodyear near me that had one but I had to call about 7 places before I found it. If your dealership is a Toyota dealer they should have it.

Products Discussed in

To Top