Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which Bull/Push Bar would you guys recommend?

Old 12-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
ikickhippies is on a distinguished road
ikickhippies's Tacoma Gallery
Which Bull/Push Bar would you guys recommend?

Truck: 06' PreRunner Quad Cab. Black. No real mods, it's a DD.

I have a 4 hr round trip drive to work 4 days a week and leave real early. Two deer this year can probably attest to it personally. I hit one in June and another 3 weeks ago.

The wife unit is asking what to get me for Christmas and I was thinking that a bull bar might be nice. I plan on upgrading trucks next year so I wasn't wanting to go too extravagant, something simple under $200.

I've looked at the Westin and Smitty Bilt, any other good options out there?
Old 12-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
What is a bull bar going to do? Protect the middle area if lucky, go look at the avid light bar, strong, protective, hella cool looking, and fairly cheap with tw discount
Old 12-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
No light bar or bull bar is going to protect the front end from a deer. It will probably lead to even more damage, as noted by mcqueen.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
There have been pictures of wrecks recently, a couple including Bullbars, and while I understand deer and Dodge Rams are different, the Bullbars didn't seem to do a lick of good in the Dodge scenario. It may not do much good with deer either as the bar doesn't cover much and the deer could still bash into the fenders/headlamps or smack into the bar and hit your grill. And there's the unintentional frame damage aspect as well, which may happen if you ever accidently run into anything sturdy with your front end.

What are you upgrading to? Is it something that the bumper could transfer to? I can't think of very many Tacoma owners who wouldn't appreciate a solid front end if you decided to sell down the road.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Bullbars are garbage for protection against animal strikes. They flatten out and make a fine mess out of the front end of your truck, you're better off getting a plate or tube bumper that is designed to protect not hold some lights.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
lol don't confuse the "bull bar" with arb's bull bar which is a completely different kind of bull bar that is an actual real bull bar because you could literally hit a bull with it and your truck would be ok.

ha that even confused me but seriously light bars and brush guards don't do anything but, magnify the damage from any accidents you may have.

if protection is a concern a plate steel bumper is what you want or an aluminum variant.