Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Please tell me there is replacement bulb.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Please tell me there is replacement bulb.

So i was on my way to the hut of the pizza when i noticed this. Please tell me there is a replacement bulb. And yes i realize that my phone sucks at taking pics. Its the light in the air direction selection section of the HVAC knobs.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
air direction? u mean mode selection? either way... yes im almost positive there are bulbs back there.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
yes there are bulbs back there, mine went out like 6 months ago, went in there and changed them all.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
air direction? u mean mode selection? either way... yes im almost positive there are bulbs back there.
Tomato Tomahto...... Well i kind of assumed that there was some sort of light producing apparatus that burnt out. Do you know a part # or someplace to purchase one?
Old 12-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
NE Taco is on a distinguished road
NE Taco's Tacoma Gallery
They are a specialty bulb.
Only place I was able to get them was the dealership, I think they were about $8 each.
They go in from the back and you have to pull the module out of the dash to get to them
Old 12-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
I've found bulbs for that spot way cheaper online. I dont know where but its somewhere on this site
Old 12-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
maestroz2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
maestroz2's Tacoma Gallery
Same thing just happened to me.

Dealer said this is becoming a typical problem.

The replaced under warranty.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
'merica

I went to radioshack and got an LED and soldered it up and installed it but as you can see in the pic, the side with the LED was not as bright. I pulled them out and lit up individually and they were equally as bright but I realized that the LED only has a 30 degree viewing angle. So thats my guess why It would not light up the surrounding area.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #9
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was starting to go out too but I gave it a few tap and now it works again.