Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WTB stock radio faceplate.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
WTB stock radio faceplate.

Want to buy a OEM faceplate for the 6cd non JBL stereo. I have a 2006, and i would like the faceplate in silver. Or if anyone knows where i could get one.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
streamlight is on a distinguished road
streamlight's Tacoma Gallery
2007 Radio Faceplate removal

I'm trying to remove the stock face plate from my radio and have stopped because I don't want to break anything. Can anyone give me some tips on this process?
Attached Thumbnails
WTB stock radio faceplate.-sany0991.jpg  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
Faketannydeluxe
WhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Curt
WhiteTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
you just have to slightly flip up all the little tabs holding the radio in and it will fall out. be careful, they can only flex so much. GL
Old 05-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
byrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud of

Name: David
byrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTacoma09 View Post
you just have to slightly flip up all the little tabs holding the radio in and it will fall out. be careful, they can only flex so much. GL
streamlight hasn't posted since Aug, there are a lot of tiny screws that need to be removed to take it completely off. I just did mine recently to repaint it from silver to black.

Take the brackets off.
The 4 screws that hold the side of the faceplate.
I think 4 small screws hold the bottom plate of the radio need to come off
Then I believe 3 small screws hold the radio to the front plate of the radio
Then the tabs
Then about 10 small screws hold the faceplate of the radio to the plastic front.
The knobs
2 screws hold cd felt in place
It's a process.

But for what's it worth my before and after pics, I didn't like the chrome color so painted it to match the rest of my dash.
Attached Thumbnails
WTB stock radio faceplate.-6308157009.jpg   WTB stock radio faceplate.-s1050401.jpg