1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heated signal mirrors - anybody try these?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by moserjjx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Nov 17, 2008 at 9:03 PM
    moserjjx

moserjjx [OP] Tacoma Newbie

Member:
    Eau Claire, WI
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD 4x4
    Weathertech liners, bed mat, rear spring TSB, extra 12V outlets in center console, seat belt chime off
    http://www.muthco.com/products/kits/220-0269.htm

Spendy as heck but it's very cold and frosty pretty often here in Wisconsin. I see they talk about a factory heated mirror option - uhh it that really an option? Not that I have seen yet. I do like the added signals too and I see they have a kit to use the heated versions on a truck that didn't come with heated mirrors (so every taco every produced???)

I'll probably end up doing the cheapo heated mirrors which seems to be easy enough.

2. Nov 18, 2008 at 12:54 AM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I had heated mirrors on a Nissan Maxima many years ago. I loved it. Great when frozen & also with high humidity.

3. Nov 18, 2008 at 5:01 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/12384-muth-mirror-install-clarification.html
    Here's a write-up Mingy did on install of his Muth's w/ pics.
    Also, an alternative for the macguyver types, props to tssilliker for this write up.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/15958-el-cheapo-heated-mirrors.html

Toyota has never offered heated mirrors on the tacomas. It use to be an inexpensive factory option on the tundras (I had em on mine, the cold weather package was a deal at $100!) but now comes as standard equipment, go figure. :rolleyes:

ps. welcome to tw!

4. Nov 18, 2008 at 6:41 AM
    moserjjx

moserjjx [OP] Tacoma Newbie

Member:
    Eau Claire, WI
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD 4x4
    Weathertech liners, bed mat, rear spring TSB, extra 12V outlets in center console, seat belt chime off
    Thanks for your reply. I did try and search for stuff, I can't believe I didn't find that. Who knows what I was trying to search...is it that obvious I'm a newbie??? And to think I own my own software development company

I also might just try rainx on the mirrors as I've heard that helps keep the frost and stuff from sticking. Anybody have experience trying that? I surely can't screw anything up with that! In my former life before the software biz, I was an ASE certified mechanic so I think I can handle a bit of wiring for heated mirrors!

5. Nov 18, 2008 at 9:06 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    I ordered the heated mirrors with the H-MOD. from brand New Auto. $275 for everything including shipping. Still pricy, but I want the heated signal mirrors so I'm paying the price.
    STT I have a post with a link to their web site with the prices.

Products Discussed in

To Top