Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

First tow job

Old 06-28-2007, 06:56 AM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
First tow job

Well i used my truck for towing the first time last weekend. I pulled a couple of Sea Doo's from down to the lake. They were huge three person Sea Doo's but they still only added up to a fraction of my tow capacity. I have no idea what they actually weigh but i know i can pull alot more. Anyway, i couldn't tell i was pulling anything until i used the breaks. I had to exert a little more force but not very much at all. It was a nice little drive. I had a great time on the lake cruising on the pontoon and Sea Doo's all weekend. Until Sunday when i got thrown off at 55 mph. I pulled my groin really bad and my upper inside thigh is black and blue and i cant turn my head to the right (its getting better though). The good news is that i got some Oxycotton to take the edge off
Old 06-28-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Ouch. Water at 55 MPH never feels good. Sounds like you had a great weekend otherwise. How much did the SeaDoo's cost you? Jennifer and I are looking at getting some next year.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea. They belong to a friend. I just pulled them for him cause he has a jeep and gets like 10mpg. They were fun though. 0-60 in about 4 seconds.... or in my case 0-pain in about 4 seconds....
Old 06-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
what lake im down near lake wyle and lake norman
Old 06-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
what lake im down near lake wyle and lake norman
auditech....you ever fish at wylie?? i finally got my bassboat in the water last weekend!!

ndcouch...........glad to hear you are ok,even tho you are sore as hell! trust me.....i know how hitting the water that hard feels!!(i also wrecked my go-cart into a forklift doin bout 40mph a few years back, brings new meaning to the term"black-balled"!!!)
Old 06-29-2007, 02:31 AM   #6
adkins_t is on a distinguished road
adkins_t's Tacoma Gallery
I've owned two Kawasaki jet skis (96 Sport and 02 130DI) for years - they've never left me stranded (close once or twice but partly my fault). I have had the out on Lake Erie in 6-10 foot waves and beat the heck out of them. Sea Doos see to have more problems then average. Yamahas seem to hold up OK too. You can get a good new PWC (any maker) for $8000 out the door - if you go high end, be ready to spend $12000.

I think all jet skis are labeled with "Warning - falling off at high speeds may cause forceful water entry into body cavities". I've fallen off a few times at high speeds but luckily haven't been hurt. Hope all heals OK!!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:59 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks. I think next summer (if my house ever sells) Jennifer and are going to get a Sunfish and two jet-skis. I will have to research which ones fit our needs the best.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:45 AM   #8

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I was at lake Hartwell in Clemson SC. From everything i have heard jet ski's all have constant problems, but i would expect that due to the way the get ragged all the time. Anyway, they have the Sea Doo's cause they take them to the beach all the time. And whether they have more problems or not i've heard that Sea Doo's are the only jet ski's that can handle salt water really well consistantly. Personally if i were going to buy a jet ski it would be for the lake and i would go with Yamaha. Yamaha makes good stuff, whether its motorcycles, drums kits, or jet ski's.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:07 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
tocamaman06 no never fished on the lake havent fished in 18 years. been to a small lake in newport news va. fished in the james river, cheaspeak bay, and off the cheaspeak bridge tunnel. just never had a really big desire to fish i just like being on the water. my dream is a nice pontoon or deck boat for my parents to be on and have a nice canvis top and also have to jet skis and anchor the boat and play on the skis.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 AM   #10

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
tocamaman06 no never fished on the lake havent fished in 18 years. been to a small lake in newport news va. fished in the james river, cheaspeak bay, and off the cheaspeak bridge tunnel. just never had a really big desire to fish i just like being on the water. my dream is a nice pontoon or deck boat for my parents to be on and have a nice canvis top and also have to jet skis and anchor the boat and play on the skis.
Yeah, jet ski's are fun but i dont think i'll be buying any anytime soon. Hopefully in the next year i'll be looking for a nice bowrider. I don't really care what make or model. Just something nice with an inboard outboard that can cary 5 or 6 people and pull a skier or tuber. I hate fishing but i love the lake so i think something like a Four Winns or Malibu would be perfect for me
Old 06-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!

Jennifer and I need Jetski's that can go in salt water and lakes.

Personally, I want a Sunfish first. I miss sailing.