1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First tow job

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nd, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Jun 28, 2007 at 6:56 AM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Well i used my truck for towing the first time last weekend. I pulled a couple of Sea Doo's from down to the lake. They were huge three person Sea Doo's but they still only added up to a fraction of my tow capacity. I have no idea what they actually weigh but i know i can pull alot more. Anyway, i couldn't tell i was pulling anything until i used the breaks. I had to exert a little more force but not very much at all. It was a nice little drive. I had a great time on the lake cruising on the pontoon and Sea Doo's all weekend. Until Sunday when i got thrown off at 55 mph. I pulled my groin really bad and my upper inside thigh is black and blue and i cant turn my head to the right (its getting better though). The good news is that i got some Oxycotton to take the edge off :)

2. Jun 28, 2007 at 7:18 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Ouch. Water at 55 MPH never feels good. Sounds like you had a great weekend otherwise. How much did the SeaDoo's cost you? Jennifer and I are looking at getting some next year.

3. Jun 28, 2007 at 7:23 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I have no idea. They belong to a friend. I just pulled them for him cause he has a jeep and gets like 10mpg. They were fun though. 0-60 in about 4 seconds.... or in my case 0-pain in about 4 seconds....

4. Jun 28, 2007 at 6:25 PM
    AUDITECH

AUDITECH Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION

Member:
    charlotte nc
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab prerunner
    none
    what lake im down near lake wyle and lake norman

5. Jun 28, 2007 at 6:30 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    auditech....you ever fish at wylie?? i finally got my bassboat in the water last weekend!!

ndcouch...........glad to hear you are ok,even tho you are sore as hell! trust me.....i know how hitting the water that hard feels!!(i also wrecked my go-cart into a forklift doin bout 40mph a few years back, brings new meaning to the term"black-balled"!!!)

6. Jun 29, 2007 at 2:31 AM
    adkins_t

adkins_t Member

Member:
    I've owned two Kawasaki jet skis (96 Sport and 02 130DI) for years - they've never left me stranded (close once or twice but partly my fault). I have had the out on Lake Erie in 6-10 foot waves and beat the heck out of them. Sea Doos see to have more problems then average. Yamahas seem to hold up OK too. You can get a good new PWC (any maker) for $8000 out the door - if you go high end, be ready to spend $12000.

I think all jet skis are labeled with "Warning - falling off at high speeds may cause forceful water entry into body cavities". I've fallen off a few times at high speeds but luckily haven't been hurt. Hope all heals OK!!

7. Jun 29, 2007 at 4:59 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Thanks. I think next summer (if my house ever sells) Jennifer and are going to get a Sunfish and two jet-skis. I will have to research which ones fit our needs the best.

8. Jun 29, 2007 at 5:45 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I was at lake Hartwell in Clemson SC. From everything i have heard jet ski's all have constant problems, but i would expect that due to the way the get ragged all the time. Anyway, they have the Sea Doo's cause they take them to the beach all the time. And whether they have more problems or not i've heard that Sea Doo's are the only jet ski's that can handle salt water really well consistantly. Personally if i were going to buy a jet ski it would be for the lake and i would go with Yamaha. Yamaha makes good stuff, whether its motorcycles, drums kits, or jet ski's.

9. Jun 29, 2007 at 6:07 AM
    AUDITECH

AUDITECH Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION

Member:
    charlotte nc
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab prerunner
    none
    tocamaman06 no never fished on the lake havent fished in 18 years. been to a small lake in newport news va. fished in the james river, cheaspeak bay, and off the cheaspeak bridge tunnel. just never had a really big desire to fish i just like being on the water. my dream is a nice pontoon or deck boat for my parents to be on and have a nice canvis top and also have to jet skis and anchor the boat and play on the skis.

10. Jun 29, 2007 at 6:29 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, jet ski's are fun but i dont think i'll be buying any anytime soon. Hopefully in the next year i'll be looking for a nice bowrider. I don't really care what make or model. Just something nice with an inboard outboard that can cary 5 or 6 people and pull a skier or tuber. I hate fishing but i love the lake so i think something like a Four Winns or Malibu would be perfect for me

11. Jun 29, 2007 at 10:14 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Jennifer and I need Jetski's that can go in salt water and lakes.

Personally, I want a Sunfish first. I miss sailing.

Products Discussed in

To Top