Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help me!! buying tires

Old 12-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
gospurs21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
gospurs21's Tacoma Gallery
help me!! buying tires

ok i want to buy these http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/cto/2725156054.html they are 30 inch NOT 35 like it says, with 15 inch rims 6 lug, i have 20 inch rims on mine 6 lug.. idk how to buy tires lmao, like can anyone tell me how big my lift will have to be in order to put these tires on? please thanks
Old 12-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospurs21 View Post
ok i want to buy these http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/cto/2725156054.html they are 30 inch NOT 35 like it says, with 15 inch rims 6 lug, i have 20 inch rims on mine 6 lug.. idk how to buy tires lmao, like can anyone tell me how big my lift will have to be in order to put these tires on? please thanks
Alight many problems here. Number 1 is that fords and Chevys do not have the same lug pattern, so there's no way they fit both, like he said in the ad. Second problem is that 15s don't clear the brake calipers on 2nd gen tacomas.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Alight many problems here. Number 1 is that fords and Chevys do not have the same lug pattern, so there's no way they fit both, like he said in the ad. Second problem is that 15s don't clear the brake calipers on 2nd gen tacomas.Third is that in order to fit 33s, you would need a 3" lift.
thats not true
Old 12-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
thats not true
Which part
Old 12-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which part
I assume the part he bolded, about requiring a 3" lift for 33" tires.

Also, OP - please don't crosspost
Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I assume the part he bolded, about requiring a 3" lift for 33" tires.

Also, OP - please don't crosspost
Ah, bold doesn't show up on tapatalk. And he and I have discussed this before. It is not right to tell someone that they fit just because 1 in 1000 people have gotten it to fit. It's like saying you won't die if you jump off a cliff, because one person didn't.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
And it doesn't matter anyways, because the tires are 30s and I misread it as 33s, which is why I edited it out immediately.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah, bold doesn't show up on tapatalk. And he and I have discussed this before. It is not right to tell someone that they fit just because 1 in 1000 people have gotten it to fit. It's like saying you won't die if you jump off a cliff, because one person didn't.
I assume you *could* fit 33's w/o a lift, just a lot of cutting and modification would be necessary. Not to mention spacers.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #11
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I assume you *could* fit 33's w/o a lift, just a lot of cutting and modification would be necessary. Not to mention spacers.
1/4 spacer and i trimmed a fingernail worth of plastic on each side. not alot of cutting
Old 12-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #12
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Anyways OP feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.