Help with URD Stage III Clutch and PDM Kit set up

Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
06 TACOMA 4X4
ODICA will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Earl
ODICA's Tacoma Gallery
Help with URD Stage III Clutch and PDM Kit set up

Does anybody know if somebody is running this setup? Please feel free to chime in.

I had installed the URD Stage III clutch kit paired with PDM throw out bearing, and had put on about 6k miles of break in period. Now, its just that its getting harder for me to get it on 1st and pulling it in 2nd sometimes when I get stuck on traffic, sometimes I have to put it on 3rd just so I could shift to 1st. Do you guys think I need to bring the clutch to get it pressurized bleeding? Just don't know where to start.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Wally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Wally's Tacoma Gallery
Which version of the throwout bearing are they supplying with the kit now? They machine a Toyota TB to fit the sleeve but Toyota issued an update as part of the TSB and it sits farther forward than the old one.

The new clutch release cylinder is longer to compensate and get the right amount of travel. If you have a new TB but an old clutch release cyclinder then the travel won't be long enough, even if it's properly bled.

I'd call them and check the part #'s or at least bring up the issue. Your 06 would have the shorter clutch release cyclinder if it's the original one.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
Talon12012 is on a distinguished road
Army: LRS
Talon12012's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Just wondering if you had any resolution on this issue. I am literally about to install the exact same set up along with a URD short throw shifter so, if I can do anything now to alleviate ass pain later that would be great