Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Parking lights not working?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
JThompson is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
JThompson's Tacoma Gallery
Parking lights not working?

Im not sure if this has been covered but I cant figure out why my parking lights wont come on when I turn the headlight switch to the first position. I have a 2007 Tacoma sport. I know its not the bulbs because when I set the alarm they flash and when my headlight are on they work. Any Ideas?
Old 12-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The lights next to the grill are not the parking lights.

live via
Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The lights next to the grill are not the parking lights.

live via
x2,they are on the outside of the headlight,not the inside
Old 12-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
Law Enforcement:
I dont know the exact name but its the amber lights closest to the grill in the center.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
DTRL. Daytime Running Lights. That is a dealer installed option but you can mod them to work yourself.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...stall-oem.html
Old 12-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
Law Enforcement:
Cool thanks!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW JThompson
Old 12-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
over60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
over60's Tacoma Gallery
You will also notice that those lights (DTRL) will NOT come on when the parking brake is on.... Cool, eh?....
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
upthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
upthemaiden's Tacoma Gallery
I also need to look into this. My front parking lights don't come on when I turn the switch to the first position. The rear lights will come on, but that's it. I always thought it was odd, but I bought the truck(used) in August, and I guess I figured maybe they were supposed to do that. Do you guys think I need to replace a fuse, or the light bulbs? The lights next to the grill come on when I lock or unlock the doors, but nothing happens to the outside ones.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #10
sileliasdan is on a distinguished road
sileliasdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JThompson View Post
Im not sure if this has been covered but I cant figure out why my parking lights wont come on when I turn the headlight switch to the first position. I have a 2007 Tacoma sport. I know its not the bulbs because when I set the alarm they flash and when my headlight are on they work. Any Ideas?
My 07 has a similar problem. My parking lights, front and back, do not come on. All my other lights work. Checked fuses and bulbs. All is good. I've heard mentioned on other sites of fuses inside the cab but I don't see a fuse box inside my truck.

When I plug my trailer the issue carries over to the trailer. Meaning, all lights work but the parking lights do not.

I've been going crazy for three days now trouble shooting.

Please help!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #11
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sileliasdan View Post
My 07 has a similar problem. My parking lights, front and back, do not come on. All my other lights work. Checked fuses and bulbs. All is good. I've heard mentioned on other sites of fuses inside the cab but I don't see a fuse box inside my truck.

When I plug my trailer the issue carries over to the trailer. Meaning, all lights work but the parking lights do not.

I've been going crazy for three days now trouble shooting.

Please help!
To the left of your steering column there is the little "change drawer" or storage drawer - open it, pull it out/upward off the hinge, and you'll see the other fuse panel right behind that.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:13 AM   #12
sileliasdan is on a distinguished road
sileliasdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by landphil View Post

To the left of your steering column there is the little "change drawer" or storage drawer - open it, pull it out/upward off the hinge, and you'll see the other fuse panel right behind that.
jajajja ... looked everywhere except back there!! thanks.