Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Crashed Yesterday

Old 12-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
BillJC is on a distinguished road

Name: Bill
BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
Crashed Yesterday - Upgrade Time!

So, I rear ended someone last night after work. Completely my fault. Distracted coming up to a light. Looks like just the bumper, lights and grill were effected. The fenders are out of alignment, but look straight according to the body shop. I hit a little Mercury Mariner at about 10 mph or so. Minimal to moderate damage to his "car." Anyway, I spent the evening feeling bad about it. It was my birthday over the weekend so this just tops it.

Now the silver lining! Well, one thing lead to another and I ended up ordering an ARB bumper from Mudraks here in Sonoma. Figured that this was the perfect opportunity to upgrade! Instead of replacing what was there, the body shop is going to repair truck except for the bumper, then I'm going to drop it off at Mudraks, happens to be in the same industrial complex as the body shop, and get my bumper installed. Hopefully within the next week or so, it'll be done. Little to no paint will be required. And hopefully the insurance will cover most of the cost of the ARB!

So, shit happens, stuff can be fixed and it could have been much worse. Sorry for no pics as the truck is at the body shop getting torn down for the estimate.

Bill
Old 12-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
nice sir, look forward to some pics when its up and going again
Old 12-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #3

BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
I got the truck back today and it's better than ever! Just for reference, it's on 884's and 5100's and Icon 3 Leaf's in the back. Sorry for the crappy phone pics. I'll get some real pics tomorrow.

And just for kicks, I finally had a chance to snap a pic of the new toolbox I got for my birthday!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #4
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Looks beefy man, glad it worked out for ya. Accidents suck.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How much did the front sag with the ARB on 884's ?

What is your hub to fender measurement up front ?
Old 12-30-2011, 04:03 AM   #6
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Shit happens... But, the revised truck looks good!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:39 AM   #7

BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How much did the front sag with the ARB on 884's ?

What is your hub to fender measurement up front ?
It sagged a bit. The initial hub to fender measurement when I first installed the 884's was 22 1/4" LF and RF. It settled about 3/8th" over the past few months to 21 7/8". I just checked it and now it's down to 21 5/8" both LF and RF so I lost about 1/4". I had installed the long studs up top so I may just install a 3/8" spacer to bring me back up to over 22".
Old 12-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #8

BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
I have some Hella 700FF's that my girlfriend got me for Christmas that I might throw on the bumper today. I'll snap some pics if I do get them on.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #9
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about the crash, but the bumper looks awesome! Definitely a good way to make up for feeling crappy.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 AM   #10

BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacolover443 View Post
Sorry to hear about the crash, but the bumper looks awesome! Definitely a good way to make up for feeling crappy.
Absolutely! And the fact that not putting a stock bumper back on and going with an ARB saved me $255 on the deductible!

Less expensive and better!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJC View Post
Absolutely! And the fact that not putting a stock bumper back on and going with an ARB saved me $255 on the deductible!

Less expensive and better!
hell yes sir, diggin the arb ... nice toolbox too i love the low pro ones
Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Same toolbox I'm getting when I get rid of my tonneau cover
Old 12-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #13
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like something bad turned into something good!! Nice!!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #14
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, now get new tires!
Old 12-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #15
Thundjet is on a distinguished road
Thundjet's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck looks great and I love those ARB bumpers, would like to add one to my 2012 when they finally come out with one.

How much weight does the ARB add over the stock bumper?
Old 12-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #16

BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
like a lot as in you need beefier springs in the front to compensate
Definitely need better springs up front. I will eventually upgrade to 886's, but in the mean time, I'm going to throw in a 3/8" spacer on top to regain some height. I installed longer studs when I did the shocks just for this occasion. The 884's didn't cut it with this bumper up front. It sagged about 1/4" on both sides.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #17

BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Nice, now get new tires!
In the works. Just waiting to wear these out a bit before throwing them away!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #18

BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundjet View Post
Your truck looks great and I love those ARB bumpers, would like to add one to my 2012 when they finally come out with one.

How much weight does the ARB add over the stock bumper?
It probably adds 80-100lbs to the front end when you compare all of the stock parts and brackets.

The box listed the shipping weight at 160lbs.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #19
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJC View Post
It probably adds 80-100lbs to the front end when you compare all of the stock parts and brackets.

The box listed the shipping weight at 160lbs.
The bumper is over 100lbs on it's own