Notices

Dual Flowmaster Vs dual Magnaflow

Old 12-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Awesome Member
WarEagleForLife will become famous soon enough
Name: Dylan
WarEagleForLife's Tacoma Gallery
Dual Flowmaster Vs dual Magnaflow

Ive got an 05 Tacoma Double cab Pre-runner and I was wondering which dual exhaust to get installed. I went to a local muffler shop and he told me to do a 14" magnaflow muffler with 2 1/4" pipes to dual rear exit. But i heard the Flowmaster series 40 or 50 sounds better? And I also was wondering if going to 2 1/2 inch pipes would sound better. Im looking for that deep, loud rumble without sounding anything like a ricer.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Magnaflow for sure since Chokemasters rob power and sounds like ass at anything but idle. As far as the ricer sound there is no way around it since you drive a V6.

In the end you need to search up youtube and find something you like. MBRP makes the best duals IMO but duals on a truck look very bad.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
Awesome Member
Im leaning more towards a Flowmaster 40 series. Anybody with it can tell me how it sounds while driving?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRSXB_lfadM
Old 12-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Magnaflow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syftuWjG2hw
Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
i had the flowmaster super 40 and liked the sound but it robbed a lag in power from get go and gas mileage sucked! i now has a magnaflow and theres no restriction and it getting 17mpg vs 15-16mpg
Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #7
Awesome Member
So from the videos i like the sound of flowmaster alot better. Which would be louder/perform better, the 40 or 50 series. Or the American thunder
Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
Awesome Member
Ive also heard the magnaflow sound leans alot more towards the ricey side.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
I have the FlowMaster 40 series single-output. It's not loud
Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #10
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
If you like the sound of it.. Get it, as most have been saying it is the least performing system you can find. For performance and least raspy sound you'll do better with magnaflow or Trd
Old 12-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #11
Awesome Member
All of the sound clips on youtube seem to show that Flowmaster sounds a lot better then Magnaflow. Magnaflow wasnt loud at all, but does get the best performance. Cant really decide
Old 12-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Also the sound will be different in person since cameras, recording styles and muffler ages will change the sound a bit.

live via
Old 12-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #13
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Let's put it this way. I'm switching from Flowmaster to Magnaflow
Old 12-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
Let's put it this way. I'm switching from Flowmaster to Magnaflow
Old 12-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
Hook-Line-Sinker
aKabar7 is a jewel in the roughaKabar7 is a jewel in the roughaKabar7 is a jewel in the rough
aKabar7's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the American Thunder Flowmaster kit and I will say a couple things:

1) at first I didn't like the tone of it at all, but after more and more mileage the exhaust got deeper and deeper and began to fall in love with it.

2) you're truck will never sound like a v8 but that doesn't mean u have to settle for something that sounds ricey. I plan on getting long tube headers to get more of a dual exhaust rumble.

3) if you offroad any you will end up having to weld the American Thunder kit anyway, and you can get pretty much the same thing from a body shop welded in and with better looking tips for cheaper I am sure.

I do love the deep sound the exhaust has the moment u take off, but the deepness goes away as you climb the rpm's.

P.S. - beyond the sound compilation thread that is on this site, there are hundreds of videos on you tube that will help you with your decision. I have spent hours before listening to exhaust combinations on you tube.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #16
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aKabar7 View Post
I've got the American Thunder Flowmaster kit and I will say a couple things:

1) at first I didn't like the tone of it at all, but after more and more mileage the exhaust got deeper and deeper and began to fall in love with it.

2) you're truck will never sound like a v8 but that doesn't mean u have to settle for something that sounds ricey. I plan on getting long tube headers to get more of a dual exhaust rumble.

3) if you offroad any you will end up having to weld the American Thunder kit anyway, and you can get pretty much the same thing from a body shop welded in and with better looking tips for cheaper I am sure.

I do love the deep sound the exhaust has the moment u take off, but the deepness goes away as you climb the rpm's.

P.S. - beyond the sound compilation thread that is on this site, there are hundreds of videos on you tube that will help you with your decision. I have spent hours before listening to exhaust combinations on you tube.
have you heard the long tubes my friend put them on his truck I'm glad he went before me. it definitely doesn't add any "rumble" if anything it got more rasp. keep in mind it is a v6 you will NEVER have a deep rumble at high rpm. i have seen lots of different loud exhaust systems on these things they all sound like a pair of pissed off civics racing. that's what happens with a v6.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Get a Cherry Bomb.. There Loud and sound Beast! hahaha Thats what I run anyways!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #18
Tacoma9396jrc is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
Tacoma9396jrc's Tacoma Gallery
CHERRY BOMB
Old 12-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #19
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
Wicked flow
Old 12-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #20
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Aero Turbine AT2525! I love mine, straight through design doesn't rob you of power like the chokemasters In fact, it feels like I gained some power, but I haven't gone to a dyno, so I don't know if I really did.

I can agree with the other post too, after about 2,000RPM you start to sound really ricey, but under 2,000RPM (right around 1,500RPM) it sounds pretty damn badass for a V6 truck and i'm using all stock piping. I like the stock look while sounding awesome. It also sounds really nice at idle when you're stopped at a light.