Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What do you think could be causing this vibe?

Old 12-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think could be causing this vibe?

I have a vibration that comes and goes at around 35-40 mph, especially when its cold....yeah I know weird. when I turn my wheel to the left it makes a hum every 3 seconds but not with the tire rotation, I only lifted 1.75 with the 5100's and I want to get the eibach coils to go up an inch but I am scared with this vibe and no the vibe doesnt go away in 4wd. I was thinking wheel bearing but I checked it and its fine.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Align it, use axle shims, rotate tires.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
check your power steering fluid.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
hopefully not the same issue as me but if you're feeling it in the front of the vehicle (floor, pedals) it could be the front diff bearing. Find a smooth straight line of of pavement and put it in 4WD and see if it goes away. If it does it's the diff bearing. Hopefully the dealer doesn't tell you to go eff yourself like they did me on 2010 given you're still in warranty.