1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anyone tried the Sam's Club Torin floor jack?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JimT, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Dec 8, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    JimT

JimT [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB TRD Offroad
    Local Sam's Club has Torin Big Red 3.5 ton jack, max height 19 11/16". It was $79 during the summer, $69 now.

It seems reviews on the Torin's are generally good and prices on Amazon are much higher. Tempted to get this.

How much lift do I need to be able to rotate my tires? Stock rear suspension, Toytec springs on the front to counter my ARB bumper. Seems like it would handle the back easily, and it should do the front too.

Anyone have this particular jack? Would I need some sort of "puck" to place on the jack to lift by the frame to do the fronts?

I rotated tires myself for the first time a few months ago, using the OEM jack sucked. Never again.

2. Sep 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    dangoway

dangoway New Member

Member:
    I've got a Big Red 3.5 ton jack. Works well, no complaints. Hoists my 1/2 ton Ford without any struggle.

I don't bother with any sort of puck on the platform- no slippage on any of my vehicles.

3. Sep 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    I know this doesn't exactly answer the question, but i bought a Michelin jack from Sam's about 8 years ago and it hasn't let me down yet. Sam's usually carries pretty good quality stuff. My neighbor had the Big Red jack and said it worked well with his F150...

hope that helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top