Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I hate auto AC on when selecting cool air

Old 12-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Flyfisher22 will become famous soon enough
Name: Cameron
Flyfisher22's Tacoma Gallery
I hate auto AC on when selecting cool air

As the title states, I hate that when turning to the coolest air setting my AC comes on. I searched but did not find a fix. If I over looked it I apologize. So has anyone found a way to disable that feature? I would like to be able to get the coolest air possible without AC by just turning it. Not turning it, then trying to nudge it back a little bit to check the buttons to see if it is far enough. Thanks for the help guys!

Cam
Old 12-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Don't turn it to the notch marked MAX AC.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher22 View Post
As the title states, I hate that when turning to the coolest air setting my AC comes on. I searched but did not find a fix. If I over looked it I apologize. So has anyone found a way to disable that feature? I would like to be able to get the coolest air possible without AC by just turning it. Not turning it, then trying to nudge it back a little bit to check the buttons to see if it is far enough. Thanks for the help guys!

Cam
I'm with you, I hate this feature.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
It kind of makes sense that the coolest air would require AC....just don't turn it all the way...
Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Flyfisher22 will become famous soon enough
Name: Cameron
Flyfisher22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Don't turn it to the notch marked MAX AC.
Why didn't I think of that.................. Thanks so much for your help
Old 12-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Well you are bitching about the HVAC system doing what you are telling it to do. There is a long pause before the very last notch for MAX AC. Even if you turn the AC off the air isn't going to be any colder than the last notch before MAX AC.

What's the next thing people are going to bitch about? The auto window down rolls the window all the way down?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i sence some sarcasm here.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This might help...
Old 12-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
I just turn mine to the second last notch. It's pretty obvious where it is, you can feel the knob clicking past each notch.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #10
Landscape Photographer
harleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura about

Name: Harley
harleyg's Tacoma Gallery
I am with you on this. I hate that too. Far too easy to turn it all the way, then have to turn off the air. I find it to be an idiotic design.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #12
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
is there a mod that i can do so when i set my wipers to high they don't come on?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #13
TacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoDawgs's Tacoma Gallery
I hate it too. I also hate when I turn my headlight switch, my headlights come on. And when I turn my 4x4 dial to 4H, IT GOES INTO MOTHERFUCKING 4H. Why Toyota....why?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
wow
Old 12-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumb View Post
is there a mod that i can do so when i set my wipers to high they don't come on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgs View Post
I hate it too. I also hate when I turn my headlight switch, my headlights come on. And when I turn my 4x4 dial to 4H, IT GOES INTO MOTHERFUCKING 4H. Why Toyota....why?
Damn switches doing their function when tell them to.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #16
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Has the A/C lay out changed? Mine has a button for A/C, another for recirculate/max. I'm I missing something?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #17
Banned
Not sure if they changed it at some point but the issue with the OP is that when you turn the knob all the way counter clockwise it goes into MAX AC mode. The fresh air duct closes and the AC turns on. It is clearly marked on the dial though.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #18
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Turn the selector dial to the dash vents only, then turn your temp dial all the way to cool. your A/C will turn on automatically.

That said, I believe if you have the fan selector on the windshield only, turning the temp to max cool won't turn on the A/C.

Another possible remedy?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Not sure if they changed it at some point but the issue with the OP is that when you turn the knob all the way counter clockwise it goes into MAX AC mode. The fresh air duct closes and the AC turns on. It is clearly marked on the dial though.
I think they changed it in 2010....I agree it would be a silly thing to have though. I like being able to manually select "Fresh air" or "Recirc" with a seperate button, rather than how far I turn a knob.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I think they changed it in 2010....I agree it would be a silly thing to have though. I like being able to manually select "Fresh air" or "Recirc" with a seperate button, rather than how far I turn a knob.
You can still do that though. If you stay out of the MAX AC notch then nothing special happens.