Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hypertech speed calibrator problems

Old 11-19-2008, 05:55 AM   #1
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kevin
dwntwnall4u's Tacoma Gallery
Hypertech speed calibrator problems

Anyone with a hypertech speed calibrator see this problem with the speedometer jumping every so often while driving a constant speed?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
strangeness -- I've heard of others having the same issue over at TN -- I have one, but not installed just yet, so can't help ya there.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:22 AM   #3
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Thats becuase on the newer tacoma's... the signal type is diffrent. There isnt any current way to fix the speedo on our Gen2 Taco's. It may plug in and appear to work, but its not obviously. I did the research about 3 months ago, contacting and talking to tech's at each of the companies offering speedo recalibration devices. All of them said the same thing about the Gen2's
That would suck if it's true. I had a chance to return it to the place I bought it, but decided to keep it. Hypertech said they would do what it takes to get it to work. I guess I'll see what happens.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwntwnall4u View Post
That would suck if it's true. I had a chance to return it to the place I bought it, but decided to keep it. Hypertech said they would do what it takes to get it to work. I guess I'll see what happens.

I just installed mine -- I'm definitely NOT having the same issues that you have. It seems to be spot on currently without any needle jumping. I've verified my speed via the OBDII port. I need to throw my GPS in there and see what it looks like.

Check your connections on the PCB and on the cluster. Maybe try reflashing the little black box.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
redraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
redraider's Tacoma Gallery
is yours an updated version/new model by hypertech
Old 02-22-2009, 04:25 AM   #6
Hypertech

Yes it was, I tried two units but both had poor results so I finally just got a refund. Maybe due to my vehicle they say? 6spd
Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
any update on this?
Old 07-09-2009, 05:14 AM   #8
I finally just returned the product for a refund after trying two different units.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
redraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
redraider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Mine still works well

but I have an AT
good to know, i've been monitoring this thread, have an automatic too and been considering purchasing the hypertech calibrator
Old 02-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
skierpunk is on a distinguished road
skierpunk's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you with larger tires who have installed the hypertech -- did it help bring down your rpms at highway speeds at all?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #12
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierpunk View Post
For those of you with larger tires who have installed the hypertech -- did it help bring down your rpms at highway speeds at all?
a speedo calibrator is not going to affect the rpm's or anything w/ the actual engine. all it does is force the computer into spitting out a different reading to the speedo. if u want to bring down rpm's w/ larger tires, ur going to have to regear