Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

12v in cab plugs on constant

Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
12v in cab plugs on constant

Hello I looked through the pages of mods and did not see what I am looking for. If it is there please direct me.

I am wanting my 12 v plugs in the cab to be on constantly and not just with the turn of the key. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It's in here somewhere. I've seen it. Basically, you pull the lower dash apart on the driver's side, unbolt the fuse block, turn it over and remove the relay for the 12v outlets that is on the back side of the fuse block. Then you make a jumper wire up and jumper across the two power terminals that the relay normally connects.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks I read the word document that was attached to one of the links. Do you know what else it makes hot beside the bed outlet and the 12v plug, if anything?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It shouldn't make the bed outlet hot just the in cab outlets.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It shouldn't make the bed outlet hot.
Quote:
It shouldn't make the bed outlet hot just the in cab outlets.
Tacoma Constant Cigarette Lighter & Power Outlet Voltage Mod

Thats the title of the word doc. Wait.... brain fart its talking about the other 12v plug lol
Old 12-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
Tacoma Constant Cigarette Lighter & Power Outlet Voltage Mod

Thats the title of the word doc. Wait.... brain fart its talking about the other 12v plug lol
Not sure why I posted twice.

Yes it means the 2nd plug.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
Drive it like a 4WD

Not sure if im actually goin to do it just curios mostly. Since the subject of bed outlet was brought up do you know how long you can run it with the truck off before killing the battery?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
Banned
Well it wouldn't kill the battery unless you left something plugged in.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Well it wouldn't kill the battery unless you left something plugged in.
Im looking to see how long I can run something off the outlet in the bed with out having to crank the truck before i would kill the battery?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Im looking to see how long I can run something off the outlet in the bed with out having to crank the truck before i would kill the battery?
Ah I read wrong. Depends on what you run.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #12
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Ah I read wrong. Depends on what you run.
I have been powering a scale for weigh in at bass tournaments but with the truck running.....im tired of using gas for that.....just wondering if i can power it for at most hour n half with truck off with no problems
Old 03-04-2012, 04:56 AM   #13
Honey Badger1 is on a distinguished road

Army: 12B
Name: Trip
Honey Badger1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have been powering a scale for weigh in at bass tournaments but with the truck running.....im tired of using gas for that.....just wondering if i can power it for at most hour n half with truck off with no problems
has thing been figured out?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #14
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would think a digital scale is not going to be pulling many amps. You should be fine without the truck running.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #15
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
I would think a digital scale is not going to be pulling many amps. You should be fine without the truck running.
Yeah, a small scale should be fine. Something like a cell phone charger or a satellite radio unit is ok to run without worry.