Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Access cab camper shell will fit regular cab

Old 12-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
Access cab camper shell will fit regular cab

Just wanted to put it out there that an access cab camper shell will fit a regular cab. Just not perfectly. It is true that the cab angle on the regular cab is more vertical than the access or double cab. It does seal off on the bed but required a small piece of rubber/weatherstripping placed over the cab brake light so it doesn't rub. Also it may sit 1" farther back on the bed but you can't really tell. There was a few threads on this but none really answered whether or not it fit. Well it does! This is the only pic I can get to work as something is screwy with the gallery but look in my pics to see close ups.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
jsutter has a spectacular aura aboutjsutter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
jsutter's Tacoma Gallery
I did this. The cap leaked pretty badly and scratched the cap of my truck even with the weatherstripping. I ended up selling the cap and am still locking for another one.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
This one doesn't touch the cab at all. The only thing barely touching was the tail light to the topper but with the weatherstripping it doesn't touch. I guess this is just a case by case thing. For reference this is a Century topper. I believe the Ultra series. I originally thought it was a leer.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
jsutter has a spectacular aura aboutjsutter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
jsutter's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was an A.R.E. Z-series.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
this is driving me nuts. I just went through this looking for a cap for an "09" reg. cab. LEER's website uses the same code for a reg. cab, 4dr. ext. cab, and access cab, cap. the DC is a dif. code. don't know if other mfg. do the same.
77TC-reg.& access, and 4dr. ext.
77TCDC-double cab
I may have looked at this wrong, but anyone can check out the website. type in info on truck and write down cap # for each type of cab. this is what I came up with.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
this is driving me nuts. I just went through this looking for a cap for an "09" reg. cab. LEER's website uses the same code for a reg. cab, 4dr. ext. cab, and access cab, cap. the DC is a dif. code. don't know if other mfg. do the same.
77TC-reg.& access, and 4dr. ext.
77TCDC-double cab
I may have looked at this wrong, but anyone can check out the website. type in info on truck and write down cap # for each type of cab. this is what I came up with.
Give them a call and talk to a live person
Old 10-19-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
ICEDOGG is on a distinguished road
Name: JR
ICEDOGG's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I just wanted to know if you could help me figure out if any other truck toppers would fit a 2014 doublecab, before you tare my head off and tell me to buy new custom fit caps, I don't want to spend 1500 for something I'll only use once or twice a year when I head to a lake that I can't pull a camper into. I always just threw an air bed in the box of my 98 taco is was convenient and I loved it ��
Old 10-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #8
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEDOGG View Post
Hey guys I just wanted to know if you could help me figure out if any other truck toppers would fit a 2014 doublecab, before you tare my head off and tell me to buy new custom fit caps, I don't want to spend 1500 for something I'll only use once or twice a year when I head to a lake that I can't pull a camper into. I always just threw an air bed in the box of my 98 taco is was convenient and I loved it ��
As long as you can find one with the same measurement as your bed. You'd also need to watch the front angle of the cap to ensure it doesn't rub your cab.

Have you considered a bed tent? Much more forgiving on size. Like this http://www.autoanything.com/truck-te...adz-truck-tent Much easier to store as well
Old 10-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #9
ancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedancient11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: robert
ancient11's Tacoma Gallery
Put a used Leer camper top from an access cab on my 2011 rc and it rubbed the paint off the cab corner and scratched my third brake light. Never tried it on my 2014 rc and probably never will. Don't recommend it.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #10
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
i had a leer 180 on my reg cab. it was not really ok and i had to get rid of it for a reg cab specific model.