Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

reduce muffler noise?

Old 12-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hamsterhater's Tacoma Gallery
reduce muffler noise?

i put new exhaust cat back with magnaflow bullet . love the way it sounds just not inside truck.its just a little to much. any suggestions because its resisgnating right from muffler under cab. is there a wrap i can wrap the muffler with to to tame it a little. anything less would be fine. maybe header tape on muffler? or sound deadning glued over muffler on floor of truck.truck is louder inside than outside even on drive by hammered on.thanks
Old 12-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Change muffler?

live via
Old 12-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
matts11 will become famous soon enoughmatts11 will become famous soon enough
matts11's Tacoma Gallery
Put the original one back on or live with it or try the dynomax vt. You wont have much success quieting it down with a wrap or insulation.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future
Name: Ken
85GT 79FJ40's Tacoma Gallery
If you can weld or have a creative and open minded muffler shop you can make a branch resonator. Basically a second pipe t'd off the original one right behind the muffler. The longer you make it the quieter the exhaust will be, but it doesn't change the tone of the exhaust. I did this a few years back to quiet down the Mustang I had but I wound up removing them after a while. You can run the pipe in any direction you want and there should be plenty of room under there so you could probably loop it back over the muffler. Below are how I did it on the Mustang. There isn't much room so they had to run across the car behind the axle. I made caps on the ends so I could cut them down and re-cap them to tune the sound. This car had headers and dual 2-1/2" exhaust with dynomax super turbos. After I removed the resonators I installed 18" case length magnaflows. That was about perfect.