Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Body mount Rub / Chop help

Old 12-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Body mount Rub / Chop help

Hey guys, I know there have been some threads about chopping your body mount on here but I am really just needing to know a few things. A) Can you get away with just cutting off what you need with and NOT welding in a plate? I don't see a body support issue really. But, I noticed people are saying they did it because of mud etc. Isn't it open anyway? B) How hard would this be to cut with a 4.5" angle grinder because that's all I have. THANKS!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
A) you don't need to re plate if u dont want to. There's a few members here that haven't. I had my mounts boxed back in but each to their own.

B) an angle grinder with cutoff discs would work just fine.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect Response. Thank you
Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Your welcome

I should add I didn't have my mounts fully boxed, I asked the guy to leave a gap at the bottom kinda like OEM thinking that mud and shit will washout on its own. I was mistaken, mud just collects in there much more easily and doesn't come out very well unless I get the hose directly in there. It's a pain but I may just cut that plate out and fully plate it this time. I'm going to hold off until I fit 34's/35's and see if i need to trim more first tho.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Your welcome

I should add I didn't have my mounts fully boxed, I asked the guy to leave a gap at the bottom kinda like OEM thinking that mud and shit will washout on its own. I was mistaken, mud just collects in there much more easily and doesn't come out very well unless I get the hose directly in there. It's a pain but I may just cut that plate out and fully plate it this time. I'm going to hold off until I fit 34's/35's and see if i need to trim more first tho.
Got any photos of how far you cut yours?? What size tires you have now?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Got any photos of how far you cut yours?? What size tires you have now?
I got some photos I can share with you. Unfortunately I'm at work on the cell phone right now but when I get home I'll post some up. I'm currently running 285/70/17 KM2's right now.