Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Prices on 2012

Old 12-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Prices on 2012

In the market to trade in my 06. I was quoted $29,900 today plus TTL for a 4x4 longbed double cab, SR5 with towing package. Location is in Seattle. Good deal? Please chime in with what you paid or what I should be paying. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
drwoodr is on a distinguished road
drwoodr's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Truecar, KBB, Edmunds, or NADA to see what the invoice is for your vehicle. Any other options besides the SR5 and towing? From what I've seen, that combination also comes with daytime running lights, and probably has either the all weather or carpeted mats. I did a quick look on NADA and Truecar, and assuming DRL and mats, that vehicle should invoice under 29K. You can do better than 29.9K. I got my 4X4 DCSB SR5 with tow for about $300 over invoice.

And they make more money on your trade in than they do on the new vehicle, so do your research on your 06.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
MountSi is on a distinguished road
MountSi's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I just bought a 2012 Tacoma Double Cab, Long Bed, V6, TRD with Entune. I paid 32k which was about $710 under "invoice". I would recommend staying out of the dealership to negotiate a price, once they have you at the dealership, it's hard to compare pricing. I emailed and faxed all the sales managers in the area and asked them to give me their best price for what I wanted. I then compared all the prices and ended up getting mine from Puyallup.

Here's a link on how to do it: http://www.fool.com/car/car12.htm
Old 12-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Mt.Si. I will look into that link. Is that $32 out the door?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
MountSi is on a distinguished road
MountSi's Tacoma Gallery
It was 35.4 OTD.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Rosesplus is on a distinguished road

Rosesplus's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased an 2012 Access cab 4wd V6 with tow package OTD at $26700 which is $900 off invoice and $300 off Truecar pricing in my area (VA). Once I got down to the Truecar pricing and below I had less and less dealers interested in doing a deal. The other factor is whether the dealer has the vehicle in stock (mine wasn't it was 400 miles away) as the cost of transporting becomes a pricing issue.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
If you get anything below 27k i think your getting a pretty good deal.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
Its a little high, you could prob get them to come down a bit more. I personally would sell your truck and not trade it in. These trucks hold there value very well.

I am currently in the market right now. I just got quoted $28,745 (AC, 4x4, v6, SR5, and tow package) and $26,673 (AC, 4x4, 2.7, SR5). That is without any negotiating or games. They took a few hundred dollars off both sticker prices right away.

I just have to sell my car and decide between the 2.7 or the v6.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
MonStar

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! I am thinking about keeping the truck however, I really kick myself for not getting a 4x4 in the first place. Those are great deals on AC, but I need a double cab, and the cheapest I have been quoted is 29,500 for a SR5 DC 4x4. That is not including TTL.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Just got 2012 DCSB 4x4 V6 AT SR5 for $29,584. That's invoice +$177, which was the dealer transfer fee. They would have gotten it at invoice had the truck came directly to them. Also got the 6 year 100k mile Platinum warranty for $495.

A little knowledge and knowing what you want and where to go can get you far. I emailed many dealers and played them against eachother until I bought my truck. I went into the dealer with all the details hashed out already.

edit: I bought mine from Vancouver. It was close (I live in portland area) and the internet sales guy I worked with was helpful and not pushy at all. pm me if you'd like his name/contact info, I'm sure he could offer you a decent deal.