1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Doors lock way too fast.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeckel7234, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Dec 11, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    jeckel7234

jeckel7234 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Add-a-Leaf, Leveling Kit, 31.5 Nitto Grapplers, Mag-Lite Mod, Anit-Key in the ignition beep mod, Tail gate theft mod, Trifecta tonneau cover, washable cabin air filter,
    Does anybody else have a problem with their doors locking very fast. i.e. i park, get out of my truck and go to open my back door and its immediately locked, its annoying as hell, every time i have to get my son or something else out of the back seat. The other day i went outside and started my truck to warm it up and with the doors being previously unlocked closed my door and went to the back seat and it locked me out of the truck.

The truck does have a cheaper remote start alarm installed in it from the previous owner, i dont use it, i just use the OE remote lock key chain and it still does it so i dont know if that has any affect on this.

2. Dec 11, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    That's the culprit. My system is stock and does not do anything of the sort.

3. Dec 11, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    Yup, get that crap out of there. My girlfriends old car had a crappy alarm from the previous owner. It was posessed.

4. Dec 11, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    same here... stock with no problems. Remove the remote start and return it to stock and you should be good. 6 yrs with my truck now and I've never locked myself out. Kinda hard to do in my opinion.

5. Dec 11, 2011 at 2:24 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    With the key fob, you press i unlock once, it only opens the drive door. Press unlock twice in quick succession, it unlocks all doors.

When exiting the truck, pulling on the driver handle from the interior will only unlock the drive door. To unlock all the doors, you have to press the unlock switch by the window switches.

The only time the truck locks itself is when you press unlock on the key fob and if none of the doors are opened within 20 sec, the truck will lock itself.

2nd gen tacoma's don't have the auto lock feature like other vehicles do.

Edit: I didn't see you had an aftermarket alarm system. That is what's causing your issues. What I stated previously is OEM only.

6. Dec 11, 2011 at 2:24 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    There might be an option to turn the auto lock off. check with a car stereo store.

7. Dec 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    I wish that my windows would roll up faster. Also I wish they had one button touch for all windows and not just one window.

8. Dec 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    jeckel7234

jeckel7234 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Add-a-Leaf, Leveling Kit, 31.5 Nitto Grapplers, Mag-Lite Mod, Anit-Key in the ignition beep mod, Tail gate theft mod, Trifecta tonneau cover, washable cabin air filter,
    I'll check with a car audio shop in the morning, just to check would the remote start alarm still bee the culprit if I'm using the OE lock/unlock key chain?

Products Discussed in

To Top