LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Tie Down Hooks gone bad

Old 11-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Bed Tie Down Hooks gone bad

A couple of weeks ago I was at the dealership with my truck and i was talking to some of the people who work there about some stuff, so then i told them that two of my bed tie down hooks wont stay in the rails. So they looked at them and said that they are shot, "they seized up" is what the guy said to me. So now i only have two, up until today, i tried to use the last two hooks i have and another one "seized up". So now im left with one hook. I also asked the guy how much for new set and he said 100 dollars, i couldn't believe it, i wasnt gonna spend the money but all of a sudden i need those tie down hooks in the bed. If any one has a non broken set of hooks for sale please tell me because i dont want to spend 100 dollars on hooks. Plus the guy said at the dealership that they break from people over tightening them which is what my a$$hole friends did. This is a venting, warning and searching thread for me
Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, buy them here. Don't bother going through your own dealer.

This thread reminds me I gotta go get mine outta the bed of my truck before some fuckstick steals them. Oh well, its 40something outside and to cold for me.

They are $17 each for the bed cleats at the link, $17
Old 11-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks man, sorry to hear that

you can get them here more cheap

http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-PT785-3....aspx?MakeID=1

and this mini tie downs

http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-PT278-35075.aspx?MakeID=1
Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Dude, buy them here. Don't bother going through your own dealer.

This thread reminds me I gotta go get mine outta the bed of my truck before some fuckstick steals them. Oh well, its 40something outside and to cold for me.

They are $17 each for the bed cleats at the link, $17
beat me to it hehe
Old 11-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dude its the temp same here which is great! you better do it before you forget
Old 11-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
Dam, good find 05 and Ed!!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #7

i never carry those in the bed, i carry them on the compartment under the back seat....
Old 11-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
dress in all black go to the stealership and steal some from them!!!lol j/k that would be wrong!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
thats where my broken ones are, not sure why they are there
Old 11-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
dude its the temp same here which is great! you better do it before you forget
Its to cold for me man. I woke up and there was ice on my windshield

On a side note, Colin I think I'm getting the same lights that you have on your bullbar for my truck. lol
Old 11-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #11

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
beat me to it hehe
Great minds think alike
Old 11-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
funny thing, i was there getting my oil changed and i went looking at the new tacos and all doors were locked excepted this one and it had the cleats sitting in the drivers seat, i was thing about taking them but my truck was in service and i would have to walk across the dealership and across the showroom building where they would see those new cleats in my hand, oh well lol
Old 11-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #13
Really Alex? i bought my truck with them on, but i do know what my brother saw them for sale at pep boys, but awesome man, their good lights and bright too! THis morning i saw ice on my truck like normally for the past 3 weeks but this morning i found what looked to be snow flake marks on my winshield and covering my roof, snow rocks!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #14
soulreaper is on a distinguished road
soulreaper's Tacoma Gallery
it may be blasphemous for me to say but try and get a set of tie downs for the rail system from a 06 or newer nissan frontier they are built from metal and seam to lock down much tighter and when i had my frontier in 06 i used them alot hauling wood and pipe with rachet straps and never had a problem my tacoma as soon as i go to use a strap with the tiedown that came with my truck they slide even when tightened down
Old 11-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #15

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah man. I was lucky enough to get the free set from Automatcentral, should be here any day now. Itll be nice to have some extra light when im out in the woods or the country
Old 11-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Yeah man. I was lucky enough to get the free set from Automatcentral, should be here any day now. Itll be nice to have some extra light when im out in the woods or the country
yeah man, but one thing is that they are a pain in the a$$ to adjust
Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
would they fit?
they should fit the frontier just has a little heavier track system if i could have my truck with the rail system from my frontier i would love this truck even more plus the frontier had rails in the bed floor also worked great for taking my friends cbr 1000 to the shop
Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
they should fit the frontier just has a little heavier track system if i could have my truck with the rail system from my frontier i would love this truck even more plus the frontier had rails in the bed floor also worked great for taking my friends cbr 1000 to the shop
That does sound pretty cool, why did ya get rid of the frontier?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #20
because i got the bright idea to get a VW gti and spend way to much money on makes 300hp but that and the frontier had crap gas mileage