LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

sticker and badge removal

Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
chopperjones is on a distinguished road
chopperjones's Tacoma Gallery
sticker and badge removal

whats the best way to remove trd stickers on rear quarter panel, how about the badges?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
never removed the decals before, but I've taken some badges off my tailgate. I used a hairdryer on the badges for a few minutes to soften the glue/tape, then I took fishing line and pulled it between the tailgate and the badge and it cut right through the glue. I had to scrape my tailgate a little to get the rest of the glue residue off, but it came off pretty clean for the most part
Old 12-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Blow dryer for the decal, warm it up and start peeling and for the badges use the blow dryer to soften the adhesive and then use fishing line to saw between the glue and the truck. Use glue be gone or a similar product to remove the residue.
This. Worked for me
Old 12-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
Shep6924 is on a distinguished road

Shep6924's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting ready to do that in about five minutes. I read the same thing as ^ I also heard dental floss works well...it's a cheaper option than going out to get fishing line if you don't have any on hand. Get some goo gone while your at it. Good luck
Old 12-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Eltacos is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Officer
Eltacos's Tacoma Gallery
I had my TuRD stickers off the day I came home with the truck. Just peel really slow and they come off in one piece. I have yet to de-badge my truck.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Steel Curtain!!
beerye is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
beerye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep6924 View Post
I'm getting ready to do that in about five minutes. I read the same thing as ^ I also heard dental floss works well...it's a cheaper option than going out to get fishing line if you don't have any on hand. Get some goo gone while your at it. Good luck
I am planning on doing mine this weekend as well so let me know if the dental floss works! Sounds like a good idea to me!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
chopperjones is on a distinguished road
chopperjones's Tacoma Gallery
does goo gone f up the paint?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
I don't imagine floss would work well. If you are sawing the fishing line / floss it is going to get hot and break. I went through a few pieces of fishing line doing mine for that reason but who knows maybe floss will work.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperjones View Post
does goo gone f up the paint?
No it won't hurt it. I wouldn't let it set overnight or anything but just be sure to clean it all off when you get done. It pretty much works instantly on the glue.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for some 2nd gen badges If anybody doesn't want them pm me
Old 12-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxTRDxxx View Post
Looking for some 2nd gen badges If anybody doesn't want them pm me
Look right cheer:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...10-badges.html
Old 12-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #13
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Goo Gone works.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #14

Just finished and I'm debating on the decals. Haven't pulled them yet, but the badges came off pretty easily. I let the Goo Gone sit for about a minute on each spot and then the remaining glue came right off. "Clean as a virgin's honey pie"
Old 12-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerye View Post
I am planning on doing mine this weekend as well so let me know if the dental floss works! Sounds like a good idea to me!
I ended up using fishing line cause I had some available. It broke several times but not bad.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Stickers = heat + goo gone
Badges = heat + fishing line + goo gone
Old 12-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #17
Steel Curtain!!
beerye is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
beerye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Stickers = heat + goo gone
Badges = heat + fishing line + goo gone
Cool, thanks for the info!
Should make it a lot easier, now that I know what to use!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #18
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
How old of fishing line are you guys using??? I've debadged before and never ran into the line breaking.
Maybe because I was using 65 lbs mono.
blow dryer works best, if you use a heat gun be careful I've seen guys F up there clear coat with a heat gun.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #19
markc6606 is on a distinguished road
markc6606's Tacoma Gallery
I used cotton bailing twine. I tried both the fishing line and dental floss and both kept breaking. Just keep the badges nice and warm and make sure it's cotton twine (nice and soft, no scratches whatsoever) and one piece did all my badges.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #20

Had some 10lb laying around. I recommend something stronger...

Decals gone!