Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone Have a Dash Cam?

Old 12-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Have a Dash Cam?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/tech-157...-27559497.html

Sounds like a good investment to me. I've seen a few online that are under $200 but I'd like to know if anyone hear has one.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
CBrva is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
CBrva's Tacoma Gallery
Was tempted to buy a ContourROAM on special on Amazon the other day for $120 but wasn't impressed by the reviews.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tac...our-phone.html

check out this thread!
***edit NEVER MIND*** should of looked at your link before posting haha my bad! though you wanted something more like something for personal video recording on trails!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrva View Post
Was tempted to buy a ContourROAM on special on Amazon the other day for $120 but wasn't impressed by the reviews.
Yeah, I saw that one too. I'm wanting to get one of these but need reviews before I buy.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #6

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Using one's phone is okay for short recording, but a dedicated dash cam is for recording in an event of an accident (watch the video link). These cams can record both outside and inside, GPS, and a G-sensor which locks the recording if it senses a significant movement (such as an impact).

With all the threads here lately about folks having crashes, I think a dash cam is a good idea.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
hotrodman is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
hotrodman's Tacoma Gallery
This is mine (on the right of the mirror). It works very well, but I have not witnessed any accidents or anything else exciting in the 2 years I have been running one.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
I have one similar to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_MZ4TI1NyI Here is actual footage I recorded with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BImmRpE89o
Old 02-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
If we all bought one majority of us would end up never needing it. But we all know of someone that was in an accident and was blamed for fault even when they weren't.

I can also see this working against you. If you were at fault, there's evidence. LOL
Old 02-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
The video is decent, but why is half the view of the sky? I think the lens needs to be adjusted. Or maybe a different lens. IDK enough about cameras. But a lot of the recording is wasted on the sky.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango down View Post
The video is decent, but why is half the view of the sky? I think the lens needs to be adjusted. Or maybe a different lens. IDK enough about cameras. But a lot of the recording is wasted on the sky.
it's a wide angle lens, if aimed lower all it would record is the hood. Would be better if it was wider, but height wise it catches a lot.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
/\ well that makes sense. i gotta take my derp meds
Old 02-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job rolling through every stop sign..
Old 02-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor004 View Post
Gotta love the california stops!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor004 View Post

sorry no full 3 second stops. Welcome to Oakland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
Oh and you got two messages on your blackberry while you rolled those stops

lol