Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Replacement metal front bumper (non-plate steel options?)

Old 12-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Big C is on a distinguished road
Big C's Tacoma Gallery
Replacement metal front bumper (non-plate steel options?)

So I just purchased a 2011 Sport 4x4...and I absolutely love it! My one and only gripe, and the only thing I plan on changing/modding, is the front bumper. I'm not going to be doing any hardcore off-roading for it's own sake, and I would like a bumper that is at least somewhat immune to shopping carts, soccer moms on cell phones in parking lots, and the occasional brush with a concrete wall in a parking garage.

So here's my dilemma. I don't want to modify the front suspension, so I can't put on a 200lb beast plate steel bumper. Grill guards are out of the question, as they don't provide any protection and make things worse. So...does anyone carry a lightweight metal front bumper?? One that I don't have to beef up my front suspension to install?? How about a regular old chrome job like almost every full-size truck comes with? Please help me folks!

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
stockplus is on a distinguished road
Name: L.J.
stockplus's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless aluminum - approx 55 lbs.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockplus View Post
^^We have a winner!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Big C is on a distinguished road
Big C's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockplus View Post
Don't spose you know what those things sell for? I can't find any prices on their site.

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.relentlessfabrication.com/contact.html

Old 12-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
Don't spose you know what those things sell for? I can't find any prices on their site.

Thanks for the info!
This is group buy pricing but it will give you a general idea.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...umper-buy.html
Old 11-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Tacoma Enthusiast
Captain Drywall is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Captain Drywall's Tacoma Gallery
I have a reg cab 2wd for the last 7 years I've had a "bent up" bumper on my truck i have changed any suspension at all, i haven't even replaced the shocks yet. This bumper is way heavier than anything you'll find out there.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
What about an Avid light bar?
Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Avid lightbar is a good choice or something like a Bruteforce or ATO hybrid that weighs (and costs) significantly less than traditional plate bumpers.

Matt
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival