1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tow Package Wiring Issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by landong, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dec 13, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    landong

landong [OP] Member

Member:
    Midland, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 TRD
    Icon extended travel C/O, .25" spacer on driver side, ICON Uni-ball UCA, 1.5" Toyo-tec Add-a-leaf w/ICON rear shocks, Shrockworks Front plate bumper w/PIAA HID fog lights, Pelfreybuilt Roof Rack w/40" Rigid Light Bar and Rigid Dually Reverse Lights
    I am having an issue with the factory installed tow package on my 08 Taco. I drug off the plug and housing within putting 300 miles on the truck. To replace it was $300, so I cut the plug off and used the wires to hook up a six pin plug that I mounted near the license plate to prevent dragging it off. This set up has never worked properly, but I have been dealing with it for the last four years. At one point the tail lights on the trailer were on all the time but nothing else worked. Now, I can't even pick up any voltage on any of the pins using a circuit tester. I am wondering what you guys recommend on getting this wired up properly without spending $300. I can't seem to find the converter box for the trailer lights. All fuses under the hood are good and all the lights and signals work fine on the truck. I have not checked the relay yet. I don't know if the converter was built into the 7 prong plug and that's why the lights have never worked properly? Just looking for some ideas. Any help would be great.

2. Dec 13, 2011 at 11:54 AM
    speedydave

speedydave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Hickory, Nc
    Vehicle:
    Mustang GT
  3. Dec 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    Esternmarine is a lot quicker with shipping. E trialer sucks..

Products Discussed in

To Top