Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

does anybody build a Bolt on Light Bar for a 2012 Tacoma???

Old 12-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
does anybody build a Bolt on Light Bar for a 2012 Tacoma???

I was wondering if there are any companies out there that make bolt on Front light bar for a 2012 Toyota Tacoma?? I saw only 1 and it was big and ugly. I might just make one if none have came out yet.
Thanks
Old 12-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i think avid light bar fits? i thought someone had one. but i’m not 100% sure.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
i think avid light bar fits? i thought someone had one. but iím not 100% sure.
Dont think it does. I believe it only fits up to the 2011's if I'm not mistaken.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it!! I know the front end plastic piece is different on the front bumper. I just talked to my friend who is a Mechanic for Toyota. He said that it is not as open as it used to be but the truck sits on the same frame as it did 2005-2011 models.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
actually, I emailed Brandon at Avid out of curiosity about the same issue and this is the email he sent back to me:

We just finished making some changes with the light bar to fit the 2012. It still looks the same, we just adjusted a few things to make it fit better. We should have the website updated soon. But if you'd like to order the light bar before then.. you can just order the 05+ light bar and then send me an email and let me know that you have the 2012 and I'll change the order on my end.

Thanks
Brandon
Avid Off Road

hope this helps!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
That's great, I am ordering one as soon as my truck comes in, also the sliders. Luckily my new position is going to be sending me on TDY's a lot so I will now have some extra income to feed into my truck mods.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
DESERT RACER
checker c9 is on a distinguished road
Name: Trevor
checker c9's Tacoma Gallery
i got a defiant light bar i'm happy with it and its supported very well, no flexing at all
Attached Thumbnails
does anybody build a Bolt on Light Bar for a 2012 Tacoma???-tacoma.jpg  
Old 12-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker c9 View Post
i got a defiant light bar i'm happy with it and its supported very well, no flexing at all
you aren't the 2012 bumper style tho
Old 03-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
crooks420 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
crooks420's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a new 2012 DC LB 4X4, and am hoping N-FAB comes out with one soon. I loved the light bar on my 2005 Tacoma; clean and easy install. I dont like the bigger tubes on some of the others, and I could mount 4 lights.

Jesse
Old 03-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #10

2012 Bolt on Front Light Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by crooks420 View Post
I just got a new 2012 DC LB 4X4, and am hoping N-FAB comes out with one soon. I loved the light bar on my 2005 Tacoma; clean and easy install. I dont like the bigger tubes on some of the others, and I could mount 4 lights.

Jesse
I made my friend a custom one last week for his 2012 Tacoma. I just moved the mounting brackets to the inside of the frame (instead of outside) and it worked well.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
crooks420 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
crooks420's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have pics? I thought of pulling the bar off my 2005 and having new mounts fab'd. Did you start from scratch, or with the N-FAB light bar?

Jesse
Old 03-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by crooks420 View Post
Do you have pics? I thought of pulling the bar off my 2005 and having new mounts fab'd. Did you start from scratch, or with the N-FAB light bar?

Jesse
I just made it from scratch with my own brackets. I will get him to send me pics too
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
13toytaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Blaine
13toytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Id like to see pics too
Old 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I believe Pelfrey Fabrication made one for the 2012. I'll see if I can find pics.

Edit: Nvm, he made a plate bumper for the 2012, not a light bar.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Randy Ellis design light bar for my 2007 that is a bolt on. It has worked great sine I bought it shortly after buying my truck in 2007. I recently called him about a 2013 because I was debating on trading in my truck and he said he makes them for them too. Here is a picture of my 2007.