Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

SRS warning light, Engine warning light, & stuck in park

Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
tokin15 is on a distinguished road
tokin15's Tacoma Gallery
SRS warning light, Engine warning light, & stuck in park

Let's start off with my Tacoma has reverse lights under the bumper, my wife hit a fence and broke one light. A couple of days after, the battery went low and the SRS warning light on, then my turn signals stop working and the reverse light stop working as well, along with the automatic shift was locked at park. I jumped the battery and it has power now. I also changed the fuse IG1 10A and the turn signals, reverse and shift was unlocked and worked well. As soon as I shift from park to reverse, I can hear the fuse go out. So that means I got a short somewhere in the back, correct? After I overrode the shift lock to keep driving then my engine light came on. Not sure what to do??? Mileage is 75,350. and NO warranty. Any ideas?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, you've got a short. If it is causing your ground to float, you're going to get lots of other electrical weirdness until you get it fixed.

I'd start with the back bumper and look for a pinched or worn wire.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokin15 View Post
Let's start off with my Tacoma has reverse lights under the bumper, my wife hit a fence and broke one light. A couple of days after, the battery went low and the SRS warning light on, then my turn signals stop working and the reverse light stop working as well, along with the automatic shift was locked at park. I jumped the battery and it has power now. I also changed the fuse IG1 10A and the turn signals, reverse and shift was unlocked and worked well. As soon as I shift from park to reverse, I can hear the fuse go out. So that means I got a short somewhere in the back, correct? After I overrode the shift lock to keep driving then my engine light came on. Not sure what to do??? Mileage is 75,350. and NO warranty. Any ideas?
Yes, you definitely have a short back there. Disconnect the battery, repair the short, reconnect the battery. That will clear the CEL. The CEL and SRS light are more than likely the result of the short. Fixing it will probably eliminate them. The IG1 fuse sends power to a lot of different systems and lose of power will cause different CEL's to be thrown.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Yes, you definitely have a short back there. Disconnect the battery, repair the short, reconnect the battery. That will clear the CEL. The CEL and SRS light are more than likely the result of the short. Fixing it will probably eliminate them. The IG1 fuse sends power to a lot of different systems and lose of power will cause different CEL's to be thrown.
What he said.

Keep it simple for now.