Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

$50 Gift, What Should I Ask For?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
$50 Gift, What Should I Ask For?

I am in a gift swap with relatives this year. Around $50 is the spending limit. What would my stock 2011 DC SB AT SR5 4x4 want to see most under the tree on Christmas morning?
Ideas please, and don't say a tank of gas, even though that is not a bad idea.
Thanks
Old 12-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
popnlock
recovery strap
lighted 4x4 dial
extra D-Rings
Old 12-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
brp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the ideas so far. I like the popnlock idea. If you get a tonneau cover, do those effectively lock the box or would you need the cover and the popnlock for a "secure" setup?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Thanks for the ideas so far. I like the popnlock idea. If you get a tonneau cover, do those effectively lock the box or would you need the cover and the popnlock for a "secure" setup?
I used mine with a cover but it also helps with the hose clamp mod so no one takes your tailgate. Add a cover & it keeps everything out of sight. Granted they can still stick a knife through the vinyl but your tailgate will still be there.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Depends on the tonneau, but in most cases you need both.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
wlowe is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
wlowe's Tacoma Gallery
Dee Zee bed mat.

http://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-86964-...ar=1&carId=002
Old 12-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
U bolt flip kit
Old 12-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
brp's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I am liking the bed mat, mine is pretty scratched up. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
recovery strap if you off road
nice set of bungie cords
some good tie downs
d rings
heck
maybe a small flashlight as part of it?
or a work light of some sort
bed lights are fun and very useful
i can think of a million things,
really depends on what you want?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #11
brp's Tacoma Gallery
By D-rings do you mean so that the front bed mounting bolts would have d-rings like the rears? Good recovery strap is not bad, I have a harbor freight one right now.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
bed mat, recovery strap, shovel with mounting hardware..

any of those would be fine.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #13
brp's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know of a decent CB for $50? I have not had one since high school, but that might be fun.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #14
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
you couldn't get they whole set up for 50 bucks..
I have one but never really use the radio part of it... I like having a PA tho.. I did it as cheap as I could and it probably ended up around 150 or 200 for wire / antenna / speaker / radio
Old 12-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #15
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ed-lights.html
Old 12-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #16
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
bed mat...plus a mini shovel like he said, i had one in my back yard that fits in my rear seats under storage compartments, incase me and thomas get in a pickle that we can get out of...i want a bed mat now, im tired of hearing things hit the inside bedsides as i make a turn
Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
PA.TacomaTRD. is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
PA.TacomaTRD.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anybody know of a decent CB for $50? I have not had one since high school, but that might be fun.

At my local Wal Mart they sell a cobra brand cb for like $30.00... My Cuz has that one in his Wrangler and likes it...
Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA.TacomaTRD. View Post
At my local Wal Mart they sell a cobra brand cb for like $30.00... My Cuz has that one in his Wrangler and likes it...
you still gotta buy antenna / antenna mount / 18 foot coax cable
Old 12-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #19
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Good car soap,wax, etc

Products Discussed in this Thread