Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear rake after TSB and 5100's set at 1.75"???

Old 12-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Kalei Aloha is on a distinguished road
Kalei Aloha's Tacoma Gallery
Rear rake after TSB and 5100's set at 1.75"???

I just had the dealer install 5100's set at 1.75" and do the TSB rear leaf replacement and it seems to have a rear rake? Has anyone else noyiced this and what are opinions of how to correct it? Possibly add a 1"block in the rear.... or remove front 5100's and set to .85" and reinstall???
Old 12-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
I think I got about 1" - 1-1/2" with my TSB.
I would try the .85 setting if you have negative rake.

The other option is to go with the ToyTec 1-1/2" AAL for the TSB spring.
The TSB ride is a little firmer than stock and the AAL will further stiffen it.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
I have 5100's all the way around, and a snug top shell... Which AAL? the 1.5" or 2" or the Wheelers progressive(will it work with the TSB?)
Old 12-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
coloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coloradotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think I might have a bit of rear rake myself. How are we determining rear rake? Level on the bed rails? Purely visual? Some other method?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:55 AM   #5
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalei Aloha View Post
I have 5100's all the way around, and a snug top shell... Which AAL? the 1.5" or 2" or the Wheelers progressive(will it work with the TSB?)
That's the problem, the shell. You need a small block or better leaf pack to get back to level. Or set the front a .85.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
I'm calling Wheelers today to see if the progressive 3 leaf pack will work with the TSB; anyone have ant experience with AAL with TSB? 1.5" , 2" , or progressive 3 leaf?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm calling Wheelers today to see if the progressive 3 leaf pack will work with the TSB; anyone have ant experience with AAL with TSB? 1.5" , 2" , or progressive 3 leaf?
The progressive should yield a softer ride.

If they're longer than 28-29" you might have to do some modding to the retainers.

DownSouthMotorsports carries the Icon 3 leaf AAL - free shipping
Some have retained the factory overload leaf. I would try for that.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
O.K.... I just got off the phone with Down South Motorsports. They said they did not recommend the progressive 3 leaf pack with the TSB and that if I put in the single AAL with the TSB it will over extend my rear shocks, they said a 1.5' AAL and TSB does not work with the Bilstein 5100's. They said it may work b/c of the weight of the shell and/or if I only drive on the street, otherwise I would need another brand of longer rear shocks. I am assuming this would be the same scenario if I installed airbags with rear 5100's and TSB....
Old 12-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #9

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
O.K.... I just got off the phone with Down South Motorsports. They said they did not recommend the progressive 3 leaf pack with the TSB and that if I put in the single AAL with the TSB it will over extend my rear shocks, they said a 1.5' AAL and TSB does not work with the Bilstein 5100's. They said it may work b/c of the weight of the shell and/or if I only drive on the street, otherwise I would need another brand of longer rear shocks. I am assuming this would be the same scenario if I installed airbags with rear 5100's and TSB....
I wonder why they didn't recommend 5125's which are a custom-length version of the 5100 ?

Maybe they don't have a single AAL solution and just didn't pursue it further ?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:55 AM   #10
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you tell them you have a cap? That will not give you the full lift.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #11
tonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Intel - Retired
tonto340's Tacoma Gallery
I had the dealer in Annapolis install my 5100's at the 1.75 setting and the rear spring TSb at the same time. They installed the spring perches upside down on the 5100s making the front about 2 inches higher than the rear. Once I figured out the problem I went back so they could redo the job.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #12
RockRescue is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
RockRescue's Tacoma Gallery
Strange becuse my stock Sport 4x4 sits at 20 in the front and 22 in the rear from center of hub to fender . NO TSB . I would think at 1.75 you would be still low in the front with the TSB
Old 12-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
I went with the Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive Add a Leaf(made by Dakar). I placed a jack under the rear trailer hitch and raised the rear of the truck up 1.5" to get a good visual of what it would look like and boy did it look better! So... That being said IMO I think with a camper shell, Bilstein 5100's all four corners, front set at 1.75", TSB, and 1.5" AAL is the way to go!!!