LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sway bar disconnects

Old 12-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
AlaskanTaco will become famous soon enough

AlaskanTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sway bar disconnects

Has anyone made something or sell something for this? I REFUSE to remove the entire sway bar. That is to damn dangerous. Post up my hoes!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i don’t think their is anything out for us1 everyone either keeps it on or takes it off and puts it in the garage.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set for the 1st gen.....and it was home-built from another tacoma guy.

This is what they looked like.

Worked pretty well, but I honestly don't know if anyone makes/sells them or not. You could build these on your own with a few visits to a hardware store.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
there are zero disconnect options for 2nd gens. if you disconnect one side, you tear the cv boot with it, if you disconnect both sides, there is not the clearance to rotate it out of the way.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanTaco View Post
Has anyone made something or sell something for this? I REFUSE to remove the entire sway bar. That is to damn dangerous. Post up my hoes!

why is it dangerous? especially for a second gen u dont even notice its off til u get offroad.... on a first gen its def. noticable. only dangerous if u dont know how to drive accordingly
Old 12-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
why is it dangerous?
In an emergency situation where you have to make an abrupt turn - could make the difference between keeping all 4 tires on the ground VERSUS the truck rolling and flipping.

Everyone sees things differently. Personally, I wouldn't run 'on the street' without a swaybar either.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
as another option- in lieu of removing the bar, how about replacing it w/ a smaller sway bar? the Off Road package comes w/ a 28mm bar vs 30mm for the Sport- any chance any other trim is smaller yet? any smaller after-market bars?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
Hunter423
Hunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant future

Name: hunter
Hunter423's Tacoma Gallery
i took mine off when i had my lift put on it drives just fine i can take turns and handles just fine
Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
offroading is too dangerous
Old 02-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
there are zero disconnect options for 2nd gens. if you disconnect one side, you tear the cv boot with it, if you disconnect both sides, there is not the clearance to rotate it out of the way.
Really? If both sides are disconnected, and it's rotated up, what hits?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #11
Oysterhead is on a distinguished road
Oysterhead's Tacoma Gallery
If there was a solution, I would buy.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
spindle and/or UCA. can't remember which, but i played around with it when i took mine off a few years ago.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #13
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Been running with no sway bar for years now on my daily driver. With my OME coils and NO swaybar, she is acutally stiffer on on turns and braking than when I had original springs WITH swaybar. And my tuck is by no means light anymore...she has a LOT of plate steel on her. Maybe stock susp with no swaybar has bad body roll, but upgraded springs work well without. And it frees up the travel off road.

At the end of the day I bought a truck, so i drive it like a truck.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
Been running with no sway bar for years now on my daily driver. With my OME coils and NO swaybar, she is acutally stiffer on on turns and braking than when I had original springs WITH swaybar. And my tuck is by no means light anymore...she has a LOT of plate steel on her. Maybe stock susp with no swaybar has bad body roll, but upgraded springs work well without. And it frees up the travel off road.

hmm interesting might have to try this out, just got my Coilover setup, was considering removing the sway and trying it out. My truck is also my daily driver so my concern was with making evasive maneuvers if needed. Or maybe I'll just remove it prior to going on trail runs, since it's usually planned out anyways shouldn't be too much work.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #15
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post

X2 The Tacoma with no swaybar and upgraded suspension drives better than any 4x4 truck built in the 60's, 70's, or 80's. Hell some of them were a chore to just keep within the lines on the road! I'm in heaven driiving my barless taco. I enjoy the better suspension articulation both on and off the road with bar removed. It seems absurd to me to build an independent suspension and then tie the two sides together with a swaybar, essentially making it "dependent" suspension . I would actually prefer a rear swaybar to the front bar. I do think everyone should evaluate their own comfort zone though and decide for themselves.

Edit: Just to clarify, the stock suspension needs the bar IMO. It would be a wallowing pig without it.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I'm taking mine off here pretty quick. See how she rides with it off.
I plan to do it this week, I'll be hitting the trails sunday.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #18
gpeet is on a distinguished road
gpeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
it wont rotate up with out removing more stuff
Old 02-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeet View Post
it wont rotate up with out removing more stuff
Hmm. I already had to install the relocate. Maybe that's why it looks doable to me.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
BACK TO LIFE!!!

I am thinking of making a quick disconnect kit.

Get a pipe that fits snugly over the bar in the middle after i cut it in half.

Then drill holes and put 2 pins in each side (connected)

Pull pins out on one side (disconnected)

In the process of making a drawing. Wish i had CAD.

Anyone ever thought of this? Can anyone understand what i even said?